Tail light Covers

I've only been on here a few hours but I was admiring a pic of a 2011 Edge with blacked out tail lights. Where can I find a pair of them?

Its called spray tint and a little DIY.

I use this stuff called VHT nightshades. VHT is the best IMHO,but in a pinch, you could get good results with hobby car tint (think RC cars). 5-10 bucks worth should cover the Edges lights depending on how dark you wanted to go.

If you know how to paint... go for it.

If only *think* you know how... look it up! You'll want to have lots of different grades of fine to very fine sandpaper and some automotive polish if you really want to good finish that will stand up to parking-lot-scrutiny. My Volvo's lights are smoked and everyone thinks its factory since I put numerous hours into wet sanding and polishing to a glass finish.

either way, good luck and...... YES we want pics. :yup:

Its called spray tint and a little DIY.

I use this stuff called VHT nightshades. VHT is the best IMHO,but in a pinch, you could get good results with hobby car tint (think RC cars). 5-10 bucks worth should cover the Edges lights depending on how dark you wanted to go.

If you know how to paint... go for it.

If only *think* you know how... look it up! You'll want to have lots of different grades of fine to very fine sandpaper and some automotive polish if you really want to good finish that will stand up to parking-lot-scrutiny. My Volvo's lights are smoked and everyone thinks its factory since I put numerous hours into wet sanding and polishing to a glass finish.

either way, good luck and...... YES we want pics. :yup:

No way I'd attempt it myself. Shooting things? I'm an expert at and have years behind a rifle. Sanding on my NEW SUV? Yeah, not for me. I'd shred it and then be out the money of getting new lights. However I'd definately buy ones that I could just bolt on.

P1030454-Copy.jpg

No way I'd attempt it myself. Shooting things? I'm an expert at and have years behind a rifle. Sanding on my NEW SUV? Yeah, not for me. I'd shred it and then be out the money of getting new lights. However I'd definately buy ones that I could just bolt on.

P1030454-Copy.jpg

Well that's interesting... I'm willing to make the lights if the price is right. Problem with doing it for someone across the country comes down to logistics since some downtime on a new( or newish) car is hard to come by.

You could get a body shop to do it as well... if you have one that you trust. It shouldn't cost too much. There's some folks on Craigslist in my area that offer the service while you wait, but I'd be leery of the finish quality.

Just a feeler: Since you would be open to buying a new light set, would you be open to a finished set from me and then sell me your old lights so I could work them and pass them on?

Anybody else interested please chime in. Please include whether you have 2011+ lights or older ones and looking for an upgrade etc. (just trying to gauge interest and see if its even worth it for me to offer the service)

BTW, I don't even have an Edge yet. Currently in talks with a dealer and hoping to join the crew this weekend :shades:

Well that's interesting... I'm willing to make the lights if the price is right. Problem with doing it for someone across the country comes down to logistics since some downtime on a new( or newish) car is hard to come by.

You could get a body shop to do it as well... if you have one that you trust. It shouldn't cost too much. There's some folks on Craigslist in my area that offer the service while you wait, but I'd be leery of the finish quality.

Just a feeler: Since you would be open to buying a new light set, would you be open to a finished set from me and then sell me your old lights so I could work them and pass them on?

Anybody else interested please chime in. Please include whether you have 2011+ lights or older ones and looking for an upgrade etc. (just trying to gauge interest and see if its even worth it for me to offer the service)

BTW, I don't even have an Edge yet. Currently in talks with a dealer and hoping to join the crew this weekend :shades:

As you said, if the price is right, yes. I buy some from you, put them in and then send you mine so I don't lose my main transportation.

As you said, if the price is right, yes. I buy some from you, put them in and then send you mine so I don't lose my main transportation.

The OEM lights from Ford for a 2011 Edge list for $161 each side... ouch. I'd have to basically invest $260 (jobber discount) + 10% tax = $286.00 to get a set to work on.

Basically, I'd have to get a enough people interested to cover those costs at the very least. I will work on getting pics of my 2 sets of lights for my Volvo as example. I will post them soon.

Anyone with interest, please post here and/or PM me. The first group/batch will help me "earn" my working set, no profit. So the more people I get interest from in the beginning the cheaper it will be for those pioneers. We will have to work out an agreement for expected timeframes and such. Of course, include any customization you want, how fast you want them, how much you'd be willing to pay (I'm all ears)

The OEM lights from Ford for a 2011 Edge list for $161 each side... ouch. I'd have to basically invest $260 (jobber discount) + 10% tax = $286.00 to get a set to work on.

Basically, I'd have to get a enough people interested to cover those costs at the very least. I will work on getting pics of my 2 sets of lights for my Volvo as example. I will post them soon.

Anyone with interest, please post here and/or PM me. The first group/batch will help me "earn" my working set, no profit. So the more people I get interest from in the beginning the cheaper it will be for those pioneers. We will have to work out an agreement for expected timeframes and such. Of course, include any customization you want, how fast you want them, how much you'd be willing to pay (I'm all ears)

Damn, expensive. And there are no aftermarket yet. However, let me know if you get enough of us that it's worth it