2008 Edge Fan and Motor Assembly

rlassiter

My radiator fan now runs at high speed most of the time. Service tech says it requires a Fan and Motor assembly for $900 Canadian + labour. It is still under 3 years but unfortunately my mileage is 58K for for 36K bumper to bumper. Do you think contacting Ford directly would help or this is considered a part of the powertrain? And what do you think about the price?

My radiator fan now runs at high speed most of the time. Service tech says it requires a Fan and Motor assembly for $900 Canadian + labour. It is still under 3 years but unfortunately my mileage is 58K for for 36K bumper to bumper. Do you think contacting Ford directly would help or this is considered a part of the powertrain? And what do you think about the price?

EDIT - Hi rlassiter. I have edited my replies. I misread your opening post and initially thought you were discussing the A/C system fan/blower motor. I now see from another post that you are actually discussing the radiator fans. My mistake. :banghead:

Hi rlassiter. :D As far as contacting Ford? Well...it never hurts to try. However, being realistic, at 56K (miles or kilometers?) you are well over the 36,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty period, so....all you can do is hope for the best.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi rlassiter. :D As far as contacting Ford? Well...it never hurts to try. However, being realistic, at 56K (miles or kilometers?) you are well over the 36,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty period, so....all you can do is hope for the best.

The blower motor is not covered under the Powertrain Warranty.

Concerning the price: Seems high to me. I would recommend getting several second opinion price-quotes from your other local Ford/Lincoln Dealers.

Can tell you that in the old days (just a few years ago, and sometimes even now), a blower motor only running on high would be caused by a failed blower motor resistor. Ask the Dealers Service Departments if the problem can be corrected by replacing only the resistor, instead of replacing the entire blower motor assembly. Might not be possible with the electronics heavy components of today, but again, never hurts to ask.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks. They told me it is a sealed assembly and they replace instead of service. I will check south of the border to see what kind of deal I can get.