New Owner - 1 week in

a_shorething

Hey Everyone,

The wife and I have been saving up for a used Edge for a while now. We both liked the styling and the creature comforts when we test drove a new one a couple of years ago. Our plan was to let someone else eat the depreciation and pick one up off lease and that's what we ended up doing.

There seems to be a lot of '07 and '08s in my area in great shape so we took our time and found a nice one.

We were hoping for a black one or maybe dark blue but for me the color is always secondary to the condition with a used car. You can't pass up the right one when it comes along just because it's not perfect (although there are a few colors that we wouldn't even look at).

Anyway it's an '07 SEL AWD in Dune Pearl Metallic and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Apparently it started it's life as a fleet or rental car (according to Carfax) but it's been really well maintained.

We're really loving the fact that all of our kids (3 of them, all over 5'10" tall) can ride with us even on a long car ride. That hasn't been the case for us in a while.

The size of the interior is deceiving, it feels like a much larger car from the inside.

I already had it in for the PTU seal issue and the local dealer service department (which isn't even the place I bought it) took care of it under the 5/50 powertrain warranty, no charge for any part of it so now we're pretty psyched to have found a really nice example.

And the color is growing on me...

Edited by a_shorething

Best of luck with it. I had an 07 SEL Plus before my 2011. The AWD can go through the deepest snow with no problem and I believe they actually redesigned the PTU seal where it shouldn't be a problem any more. The only negative thing I can say about my '07 were the soft brakes otherwise an excellent vehicle. That's why I got another one

New owner of a Kona Blue 2011 Edge limted with the 302A rapid spec package. Pickied it up 3/29/11 evening 18" wheels, plan to get my own 20's at some time in the future

Got the Silver grill replaced with a Tuxedo Black(a la Edge Sport) grill. Total cost $375 to acquire part, paint, and have installed.

Just got my Driver and passenger window tints done yesterday.

Looking into power or manual flip Lic. Plate holder for the front of the car. As Body shop could bring itself to mar the new beautiful front grill with my state orange lic plate.

Looking for a cover for my trailer hitch. Will be likely representing my love for the NY Giants.

Having some learning curve issues with My Touch. Glad for the voice activation features. i actually miss some of the knobs and buttons of other cars.

Ride is smooth, car looks sweet in the garage, heads are turing on the street. I am loving it.

Hey Everyone,

The wife and I have been saving up for a used Edge for a while now. We both liked the styling and the creature comforts when we test drove a new one a couple of years ago. Our plan was to let someone else eat the depreciation and pick one up off lease and that's what we ended up doing.

There seems to be a lot of '07 and '08s in my area in great shape so we took our time and found a nice one.

We were hoping for a black one or maybe dark blue but for me the color is always secondary to the condition with a used car. You can't pass up the right one when it comes along just because it's not perfect (although there are a few colors that we wouldn't even look at).

Anyway it's an '07 SEL AWD in Dune Pearl Metallic and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Apparently it started it's life as a fleet or rental car (according to Carfax) but it's been really well maintained.

We're really loving the fact that all of our kids (3 of them, all over 5'10" tall) can ride with us even on a long car ride. That hasn't been the case for us in a while.

The size of the interior is deceiving, it feels like a much larger car from the inside.

I already had it in for the PTU seal issue and the local dealer service department (which isn't even the place I bought it) took care of it under the 5/50 powertrain warranty, no charge for any part of it so now we're pretty psyched to have found a really nice example.

And the color is growing on me...

Congrats to you and the wife. I had a 2008 Limited and loved it. Hope you enjoy your Edge as much as we love ours.