Remote Starter

Just purchased a 2011 Edge SEL with a Remote Start Bi-Directional 100 Series Plug and Play PN BT4Z-19G364-A. When I picked

up the car the dealer had the wrong remote starter installed. It was the type that had the start button right on the key. I made them

change it to what I ordered,which they did without any hassle. However the remote start feature works just fine but the find and panic

button do not work at all. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem with this series remote starter? seems to me if

you advertise that the product has this feature as well it should work.

Any info on this matter would be much appreciated

Just purchased a 2011 Edge SEL with a Remote Start Bi-Directional 100 Series Plug and Play PN BT4Z-19G364-A. When I picked

up the car the dealer had the wrong remote starter installed. It was the type that had the start button right on the key. I made them

change it to what I ordered,which they did without any hassle. However the remote start feature works just fine but the find and panic

button do not work at all. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem with this series remote starter? seems to me if

I'm thinking the installed it wrong. Time to call the service manager.

• 3 months later...

Hey we just got our new 2011 Ford Edge and are looking at this. Couple of questions if you dont mind:

1) Does this control temperature, or do you just leave the heat/air on and it will be in with the remote start

2) Do you have to get a separate hood pin switch

3) Do you have the MyKey/MyTouch/Sync system, we do and are trying to figure out if this work with it

Thanks!

Hey we just got our new 2011 Ford Edge and are looking at this. Couple of questions if you dont mind:

1) Does this control temperature, or do you just leave the heat/air on and it will be in with the remote start

2) Do you have to get a separate hood pin switch

3) Do you have the MyKey/MyTouch/Sync system, we do and are trying to figure out if this work with it

Thanks!

1) No temperature control. It will run on the last settings or on Auto depending on what you set in the menu (at least for the factory driver package)

2) You need a hood pin switch. Only factory driver packages should have them already installed.

3) This has no bearing on whether the alarm/RS will work.

1) No temperature control. It will run on the last settings or on Auto depending on what you set in the menu (at least for the factory driver package)

2) You need a hood pin switch. Only factory driver packages should have them already installed.

3) This has no bearing on whether the alarm/RS will work.

Great info, thanks for the reply!

• 2 months later...

Great info, thanks for the reply!

By reading through this thread, I was wondering a few things.

1) Can the radio be turned on and used while remote starting? Or is it turned on automatically? How does it work?

2) Same questions with other common features of the car (headlights, wipers, cigarette plug)

Thank you

By reading through this thread, I was wondering a few things.

1) Can the radio be turned on and used while remote starting? Or is it turned on automatically? How does it work?

2) Same questions with other common features of the car (headlights, wipers, cigarette plug)

Thank you

1) Radio is not functional on remote start. Actually, you can't control anything on the headunit or HVAC controls, all automatic only.

2) Cigarette plugs are always on. Headlights will come on if left in the correct positions. Not sure about wipers, but I doubt it.

1) Radio is not functional on remote start. Actually, you can't control anything on the headunit or HVAC controls, all automatic only.

2) Cigarette plugs are always on. Headlights will come on if left in the correct positions. Not sure about wipers, but I doubt it.

You mean the radio is never turned on even if I leave the radio on before leaving the car?

Thanks for your reply :)

This is weird that some functions are activated, some are not. I would have loved to know the reasoning behind it! :D

Edited by lollilolli

All the HVAC controls can either be set to auto - which means that they are dependent on the outside temp to determine if the car will heat or cool or do a whole lot of nothing - or it can be set to "last setting", which will make the temp controls come on as you had them when you turned off the car. This means that you have to remember to kick up the heat/ac when you get out if you want it to do that. I leave mine on auto and it seems to work great for the most part. Spring and fall are a bit of a challenge though since the car thinks 32 is ok to not kick the heat on high. At least the engine is warm enough to start kicking out good hot air when you get in.