2011 SE Edge dash rebooting

My apologies if this has already been covered, I couldn't find a related topic with the search...

I have a 2011 Edge SE with the base instrument dash. The SE dash has a LCD screen mounted between the tach and speedo unlike the SEL and above. My problem is the screen appears to keep rebooting itself, blanking out completely and then reappearing with an (incorrect) temperature display. The cycle takes about 5-10 seconds, it keeps repeating and does not respond to any input from the steering wheel controls. I am able to sometimes get it to function normally by turning the vehicle off and restarting it; sometimes it takes multiple restarts to clear it. There have been times where the screen functions properly for 3-4 days before the recycling returns; during those times the steering wheel controls allow me to change screens, settings, etc. just the way it's supposed to.

I've had it to the dealer three times now for diagnostics, reflashes of the software, etc. and most recently they were allowed by Ford to replace the dash module containing the two gauges and the screen. ALERT! When they do this they keep the car until the replacement part has been received and installed, apparently because of the odometer module having to be set on the replacement part. I was not aware of this when I dropped the vehicle off to have them look at TSB 11-3-15; next thing I know I'm getting a call that I need to find alternative transport until it's put back together. It did come the next day and was installed but now I know the rules.

After the new dash module was installed I got about 20 miles of correct operation before it went into a continuous recycle, not responding to any number of restarts.

I've found a lot of information regarding the MyTouch problems of the SEL, Limited and Sport - while that sucks for them it doesn't apply to my SE problem.

Have any other SE owners encountered this problem and has anyone found a working solution? The Ford Hot-Line hasn't been any help in the three repair visits to my dealer, at one point telling them not to replace any parts at this time while they though about it. Thanks Ford, I guess I still need to make the payments on my $30K Edge while you take the bad dash under consideration...

I have a 2011 SEL and am sorry to hear about your dash problems. Sounds like you gave Ford ample opportunity to fix the still unresolved problem and you should look into your state's LEMON LAW. I would also insist on a loaner while they think about how to fix your car in the interim. If the present dealer is not sympathetic look for another one who is more competent. you should not have to endure these delays. IMHO.

After the new dash module was installed I got about 20 miles of correct operation before it went into a continuous recycle, not responding to any number of restarts.

I've found a lot of information regarding the MyTouch problems of the SEL, Limited and Sport - while that sucks for them it doesn't apply to my SE problem.

Have any other SE owners encountered this problem and has anyone found a working solution? The Ford Hot-Line hasn't been any help in the three repair visits to my dealer, at one point telling them not to replace any parts at this time while they though about it. Thanks Ford, I guess I still need to make the payments on my $30K Edge while you take the bad dash under consideration...

Wow - that sucks - I don't think I have heard of any issues with the SE - didn't know there was a screen to have issues with. Sounds like maybe some of the problems in the other models and this one could all be sort of related in bad screen issues.

Good luck with getting it dealt with - how ever that is.

And make sure that you keep us posted. I am sure there is at least one other person with a similar issue - if not many more.

There is a new TSB about the radio controls, this may address your issues.

I just had the TSB done yesterday because my steering wheel radio controls did not always respond. I know when they did this upgrade when I got the car back my miles were in kilometers so I would guess the dash gauges may also get effected by this upgrade.

There is a new TSB about the radio controls, this may address your issues.

I just had the TSB done yesterday because my steering wheel radio controls did not always respond. I know when they did this upgrade when I got the car back my miles were in kilometers so I would guess the dash gauges may also get effected by this upgrade.

Do you know what the number of the TSB was?

• 7 months later...