Quarter Life Crisis

Andrewrack

So my introduction to the Edge came at the Washington Auto Show in DC and I fell in love with this car. When the big 25 approached last week, I said forget renting cars, I'm going to buy the car I've been ogling for nearly 6 months. I passed on the Mazda CX7 and closed a GREAT deal on a FWD Carbon Metallic SEL Plus, Med Light Stone with Vista Roof, Rear Sensor... everything but the Tow Package, Cargo System and Nav System.

The best part was the complete surprise on my girlfriend's face when she expected me to pick her up in my little Black 2000 Jetta GLS. The double-takes and remarks I received from family, friends and coworkers on Wednesday were priceless, but none of that was nearly as enjoying as the trip I took down to the beach the next night for a long beach weekend at the Outer Banks. One week (and 800+ miles) later I'm more than satisfied with my purchase. I wake up excited to sit in DC traffic.

The Edge is nothing like the family Ford cars I worked on with my dad growing up. This one has bite. And it's making 25 easy to swallow :shades:

(Will post pics some time soon)

So my introduction to the Edge came at the Washington Auto Show in DC and I fell in love with this car. When the big 25 approached last week, I said forget renting cars, I'm going to buy the car I've been ogling for nearly 6 months. I passed on the Mazda CX7 and closed a GREAT deal on a FWD Carbon Metallic SEL Plus, Med Light Stone with Vista Roof, Rear Sensor... everything but the Tow Package, Cargo System and Nav System.

The best part was the complete surprise on my girlfriend's face when she expected me to pick her up in my little Black 2000 Jetta GLS. The double-takes and remarks I received from family, friends and coworkers on Wednesday were priceless, but none of that was nearly as enjoying as the trip I took down to the beach the next night for a long beach weekend at the Outer Banks. One week (and 800+ miles) later I'm more than satisfied with my purchase. I wake up excited to sit in DC traffic.

The Edge is nothing like the family Ford cars I worked on with my dad growing up. This one has bite. And it's making 25 easy to swallow :shades:

Congratulations! It must be the thing to get when you hit the 5's.... :happy feet:

We also traded in my wifes black Jetta for the same Carbon Metalics SEL Plus Fwd. What a difference!! I am always offering to run errands for her just so I can drive it. Don't want her to deal with any of those gas nozzle popping out problems. "I better take it and fill it up!!" :happy feet: Enjoy 25. My wife and I are both 31, married 1 year, and our baby boy is 3 weeks old. Live up the freedom while you can. The family life is awesome, but you will never be as free from responsibitly as you are now!! :rockon: