2007 Edge Delay?

Hope someone can help me with this. I posted a VIN tracking request for my Edge on blueovalforums.com and got a prompt reply (thanks, Chuck). I posted a follow-up question over on blueoval but haven't gotten any response, so I thought I would post here and see if anyone can make sense of this. Here's what Chuck provided:

Receipt Date: 6/12/2007

Serialize Date: 6/15/2007

Segment Date: 6/15/2007

Sequence Date: 6/19/2007

Blend Date: 6/20/2007

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

I finalized my options with the salesman on April 20th and he said they would place the order in the next day or two. The salesman called me on May 8th saying he had received the DORA. But as you can see, the "receipt date" is June 12th. I thought "receipt date" was when the the order was received from the dealer, so I expect that to be on/around the same date as the DORA, right?

Does anyone have any thoughts on what was happening between May 8th and June 12th? Is it possible the gap in dates is due to an internal mixup at Ford, or did the salesman intentionally mislead me as to when the order was placed? If so, why would he do that? Can that be verified if I have him show me the DORA?

I'm open to any opinions/thoughts. I would like to take this info and confront the dealer but I want to make sure I've got my facts straight.

Thanks,

Dr. B.

Well - there are all kind of priority rules with dealerships... perhaps someone else can explain the delay from May to June.

I waited 6 weeks for my edge - ordered and serialized within 3 days. Sometimes its the build date cycle - meaning your particular type of Edge may have had to be moved into another build cycle.

Perhaps one of the boys at OAC can explain better.

Good Luck

We are going through the same thing, our receipt date was May 28 2007, and we just got the sequence date of June 27 2007.

Can anyone explain why it took so long? When I viewed others with the same options as ours and have only a few days between the receipt date and sequence date, not two weeks.

Is the factory that our Edge being built shut down now? When will it re open.

our VIN is 2FMDK39C97BB42345.

thanks for your help.