New Edge Owner

gnaigle

Just took delivery of my new Edge SEL + 2007 ,Light Sage, w/nav, Rear Sensing system, Entertainment, Roof Rails, Chome wheels, Towing package and Sirius raidio :hyper: :redcard: But they sold it to me without the cargo management system, Little did I know how useless that area is without it, Big Mistake!

Ford Motor Co. should be ashamed of themselves for not putting this on as standard and for putting a price tag of $300 at the parts counter for an item thats $65. :banghead:

Just took delivery of my new Edge SEL + 2007 ,Light Sage, w/nav, Rear Sensing system, Entertainment, Roof Rails, Chome wheels, Towing package and Sirius raidio :hyper: :redcard: But they sold it to me without the cargo management system, Little did I know how useless that area is without it, Big Mistake!

Ford Motor Co. should be ashamed of themselves for not putting this on as standard and for putting a price tag of $300 at the parts counter for an item thats $65. :banghead:

First, congrats on your new Edge! I get mine tomorrow, so only one more day of living vicariously through others! :happy feet:

I assume you are referring to the area under the cargo floor around the spare tire? I looked at the spiffy styrofoam inserts around the spare on my test drive and was less than impressed. Did you order the cargo management system? If you did then you should not have taken delivery until they agreed to install it free of charge.

On the other hand, if the part is $300 at the dealer versus $65 from the factory then we are both screwed my friend. I didn't order it, thinking I would add it later if I found I needed it, but in light of the cost you mention, I would have to REALLY need it to spend that kind of cash! :censored:

First, congrats on your new Edge! I get mine tomorrow, so only one more day of living vicariously through others! :happy feet:

I assume you are referring to the area under the cargo floor around the spare tire? I looked at the spiffy styrofoam inserts around the spare on my test drive and was less than impressed. Did you order the cargo management system? If you did then you should not have taken delivery until they agreed to install it free of charge.

On the other hand, if the part is $300 at the dealer versus $65 from the factory then we are both screwed my friend. I didn't order it, thinking I would add it later if I found I needed it, but in light of the cost you mention, I would have to REALLY need it to spend that kind of cash! :censored:

Amen! They had told me that they could not order a new Edge from the factory as the cutoff date for oders had passed, So they looked around for one that matched as close as possible. I had asked for the Cargo system but the one they found didn't have it and they sort of infered that it was not a big deal to add it. I never saw one without it, So I didn't know what I wasn't getting! My Fault!! :finger::finger::censored:

The real tragedy is that you paid $750 (as an upgrade) for those crappy chrome clad "plastic" wheels.

Whoever thought "chrome clad" was a good idea (on any $30,000 vehicle) should loose their job!

Wait til people get a handful of drive-thru car washes and/or pull up too close to a curb...

I like my edge.. but what says "BOLD MOVES" like $750 plastic wheel covers!

The real tragedy is that you paid $750 (as an upgrade) for those crappy chrome clad "plastic" wheels.

Whoever thought "chrome clad" was a good idea (on any $30,000 vehicle) should loose their job!

Wait til people get a handful of drive-thru car washes and/or pull up too close to a curb...

I like my edge.. but what says "BOLD MOVES" like $750 plastic wheel covers!

Well I guess I just assumed that they were chrome plated! :wacko: Did not look that close :angry: My Fault again! May just keep a year and buy a rice burner at this rate. :doh:

Well I guess I just assumed that they were chrome plated! :wacko: Did not look that close :angry: My Fault again! May just keep a year and buy a rice burner at this rate. :doh:

My sales person actually pointed this out to us... We liked the look of the 18" painted wheels anyhow, but I was really surprised to see the Edge in the showroom actually had "loose fitting" chrome cladding on it.. you could actually wiggle them a bit on the wheel... and that pretty much sealed up getting the painted wheels on ours.

Bryce

:banghead:

My sales person actually pointed this out to us... We liked the look of the 18" painted wheels anyhow, but I was really surprised to see the Edge in the showroom actually had "loose fitting" chrome cladding on it.. you could actually wiggle them a bit on the wheel... and that pretty much sealed up getting the painted wheels on ours.

Bryce

:banghead: To late now.!

If the dealer had pointed it out I would have opted for the painted also. :angry:

Anyone know if you can remove the cladding and what lies beneath? Just wondering if it's the painted wheels or something else under there .

Bryce

Don't know but it feels like the same wheel in aluminum, may be able to glass bead and paint I guess time will tell. :wacko: Just did a little cutting on the foam around the spare tire and made room for the ball and hitch assy and left another free space, this will have to suffice untill I feel like the $300 plastic CMS is worth the money. :shades:

Bryce

I think they look nice on my Edge and they really look nice on my Fusion! :rockon:

Welcome to the Forum GNAIGLE!

2000838110101139552S425x425Q85.jpg

I think they look nice on my Edge and they really look nice on my Fusion! :rockon:

Welcome to the Forum GNAIGLE!

2000838110101139552S425x425Q85.jpg

They do look nice on your Fusion and they look great on my Edge! I got the painted ones as I don't really like the look of chrome wheels in general. Lucky for me!

Sorry about all your trouble, G. Hopefully the sheer pleasure of driving the vehicle will make up for some of your pain! :rockon:

I like the chrome bling... I think its bit funky to be pimped out..even if its chrome clad.

Im guessing real chrome would be heavier and more costly...

The question really becomes if it was real chrome and it was $2000 option.. would you buy?

I'll take my chrome clad for $750 - not so much to worry about if something happens...

Some will the same thing for the NAV unit that cost a whopping $2300 - but I love it... and I love that its factory installed - and a touch screen radio/cd tuner.

Actually.. there is nothing I don't like about my Edge...

I like the chrome bling... I think its bit funky to be pimped out..even if its chrome clad.

Im guessing real chrome would be heavier and more costly...

The question really becomes if it was real chrome and it was $2000 option.. would you buy?

I'll take my chrome clad for $750 - not so much to worry about if something happens...

Some will the same thing for the NAV unit that cost a whopping $2300 - but I love it... and I love that its factory installed - and a touch screen radio/cd tuner.

Actually.. there is nothing I don't like about my Edge...

Fake chrome on wheels and fake breasts are both nice to look at...but if I'm investing my time or money in either one I gotta have the real thing! LOL :redcard:

Edited by edged out +

Fake chrome on wheels and fake breasts are both nice to look at...but if I'm investing my time or money in either one I gotta have the real thing! LOL :redcard:

I guess that in either case, if you didn't know, it wouldn't bother you. I opted for the chrome clad on the MKX because they were the same price. No way would I have paid an extra $750 though.

I'd really like to get black painted anyway if my budget allows.

I paid a little over $1500.00 (taxes and installed) for Hankook 275/45/20s and Enkei LX-M Chrome wheels. I have a Carbon SEL Plus. There weren't any with the 17's so I told the dealer to exchange the 18's and chrome with the stock SE 17's. Saved $750.00 there so I guess my new 20's and chrome wheels cost only $750.00.

I paid a little over $1500.00 (taxes and installed) for Hankook 275/45/20s and Enkei LX-M Chrome wheels. I have a Carbon SEL Plus. There weren't any with the 17's so I told the dealer to exchange the 18's and chrome with the stock SE 17's. Saved $750.00 there so I guess my new 20's and chrome wheels cost only $750.00.

:finger: You really know how to hurt a guy! :wacko:

Very nice, Good_Hands. Saw your pix in your other post. Very impressive. Do tell, how does Hankook/20's handle compared to the stock 17's you replaced? Thanks.

To be honest, I didn't drive it very much before I replaced the tires. I picked the Edge up on a Thursday, had my window tint applied the next day. Couldn't roll the windows down for 3 days so I left it in the garage over the weekend. Drove it to work and home on that Monday; then had the wheels/tires changed on Tuesday.

The little I drove (with the old) compared to the new I did notice the huge difference in the handling. The Hankooks are a lot stickier (and wider) so the handling is far superior. Also from a dead start (red light, etc) accellerating fast, the tires grab a lot quicker.

I can't do freeway on-ramps doing 90mph like I can in my RX-8 but doing 65 in the Edge is almost as much fun.