2011 Ford Edge

tammym5503

I bought a 2011 For Edge in January. I was told that it had Siruis. When I got home I was trying to find the code(the dealer told me how) and come to find out I do not have it in my vechile. I do have the button that says Siruis. The dealer is telling me that all we need is a chip to put in the back of the radio system, but Ford has not come out with it yet, and they don't know if they ever will. We asked for the radio to be switched out with one that has Siruis, and they said they couldn't do that due to all of the computer related things in there.

Please let me know if anyone has herd of such a thing. I mean what if the radio was bad and it was still unde waranty? Would they not give me a new radio then?

I bought a 2011 For Edge in January. I was told that it had Siruis. When I got home I was trying to find the code(the dealer told me how) and come to find out I do not have it in my vechile. I do have the button that says Siruis. The dealer is telling me that all we need is a chip to put in the back of the radio system, but Ford has not come out with it yet, and they don't know if they ever will. We asked for the radio to be switched out with one that has Siruis, and they said they couldn't do that due to all of the computer related things in there.

Please let me know if anyone has herd of such a thing. I mean what if the radio was bad and it was still unde waranty? Would they not give me a new radio then?

Does your Edge have the My Ford Touch with Sync system? If so then it should just come with Sirius, no chip needed. If not, then I am not sure, though that does sound fishy to me.

Does your Edge have the My Ford Touch with Sync system? If so then it should just come with Sirius, no chip needed. If not, then I am not sure, though that does sound fishy to me.

Yes, it does have that, but no sirus....i am going crazy with the dealeship over this

Yes, it does have that, but no sirus....i am going crazy with the dealeship over this

I have taken the entire system apart recently as I am adding things to my sound system, and there is not a single place to put a "chip" for anything other than the navigation (in the center console) that I have found. I would demand to speak to the manager of the dealership and if not you will take your complaint straight to Ford.

I have taken the entire system apart recently as I am adding things to my sound system, and there is not a single place to put a "chip" for anything other than the navigation (in the center console) that I have found. I would demand to speak to the manager of the dealership and if not you will take your complaint straight to Ford.

We started at the bottom and now have worked our way up to the General manager and all he said wax he (Ford) wou;ld buy us a portable satellite system....That is not what I want

I have two questions:

Do I need to subscribe to Sirius travel-link in order to get traffic conditions?

Has anyone else had trouble with verbal commands to get to Sirius channels since they re-set their channel line-up with XM Radio?

1.- You can subscribe to Sirius Traffic separate from the other travel link options.

2.- Yes. I thought I read that there was a user instll update available, but it has not shown up in my Syncmyride.

2.- Yes. I thought I read that there was a user instll update available, but it has not shown up in my Syncmyride.

The update is out there on SyncMyRide, you just have to hunt for it.

Go to the Community tab and you should see it under Sync Announcements. I installed it earlier today and it at least fixed the "browsing forever" issue. I would expect that it fixes the channel lineup issue as well.