Cracking Speakers

I've noticed that my speakers make little cracking/popping noises when I have my Ipod plugged in via USB. When I'm listening to the regular radio/Sirius the speakers sound fine.

Is this something anyone else has experienced?? I was going to call my dealership and have them take a look at it, my edge is only a month old.

I've noticed that my speakers make little cracking/popping noises when I have my Ipod plugged in via USB. When I'm listening to the regular radio/Sirius the speakers sound fine.

Is this something anyone else has experienced?? I was going to call my dealership and have them take a look at it, my edge is only a month old.

Mine has done this in the past, but I noticed if I formatted the ipod and resynced it the noise went away. From what I gathered I think it has to do with the syncing process and the only way I could correct it was to format....not a big deal though...

Mine has done this in the past, but I noticed if I formatted the ipod and resynced it the noise went away. From what I gathered I think it has to do with the syncing process and the only way I could correct it was to format....not a big deal though...

By format it.... what do u mean? Restore it to default n put the music back on?

I just started having this problem with my iPhone 4. Cracking during music playback only over USB. Really weird. Let me know if you find out how to remedy it. We bought our 2011 SEL in Feb.

EDIT: Mine went away after a recent software update... not sure if thats why it got fixed though.

Edited by evermire

I just started having this problem with my iPhone 4. Cracking during music playback only over USB. Really weird. Let me know if you find out how to remedy it. We bought our 2011 SEL in Feb.

As I told the other user, this fixed my problem....have you tried it?

There is also something else you should check. If you have the volume all the way up on your iPod/iPhone and then you turn up the volume on your car there is frequently a cracking/popping noise that can occur. Usually whenever I have an mp3 player plugged in to a vehicle i put the mp3 player to half volume and then turn the volume on my vehicle up. If that isn't loud enough I slowly begin increasing the volume on my mp3 player. If my max volume was lvl 30, i never go about lvl 25 for fear of the cracking/popping. This is a bit basic, but I hope this is the issue and not your Edge! Might as well seek out all possibilities. Good luck.