I need an x plan pin!!!! want lease a ford edge!!

Hello

I need to get a pin to get a 2011 ford edge limited

please help, as i am coming off of a ford edge lease

thanks!

I went to the dealer with a PIN and wanted to lease but they said that the buy back price at the end of the lease is based on MSRP and not PIN price, are they trying to pull a fast one or is this correct? If they are right what good does having a Ford PIN do for leasing a car?

I went to the dealer with a PIN and wanted to lease but they said that the buy back price at the end of the lease is based on MSRP and not PIN price, are they trying to pull a fast one or is this correct? If they are right what good does having a Ford PIN do for leasing a car?

That's a GOOD thing! You want the buy back price to be as high as possible because that lowers your monthly lease payment. If you think about it, the value of a 3 yr old car doesn't really matter whether you paid MSRP for it or X plan. It's just a percentage calculation.

But that's just the residual. X plan lowers your acquisition cost - the cost of the vehicle up front. With a lease you're paying the difference between the purchase price and the buy back value plus interest on the entire vehicle since the leasing company has to borrow the money to purchase it on your behalf.

So X plan with a high residual will yield the lowest lease payment.

Edit: forgot to add - when you lease a vehicle without X plan you can (and should!) negotiate the purchase price of the vehicle itself. Many people don't know this. X plan takes the haggling out of that part of the transaction.

Edited by akirby

That's a GOOD thing! You want the buy back price to be as high as possible because that lowers your monthly lease payment. If you think about it, the value of a 3 yr old car doesn't really matter whether you paid MSRP for it or X plan. It's just a percentage calculation.

But that's just the residual. X plan lowers your acquisition cost - the cost of the vehicle up front. With a lease you're paying the difference between the purchase price and the buy back value plus interest on the entire vehicle since the leasing company has to borrow the money to purchase it on your behalf.

So X plan with a high residual will yield the lowest lease payment.

Edit: forgot to add - when you lease a vehicle without X plan you can (and should!) negotiate the purchase price of the vehicle itself. Many people don't know this. X plan takes the haggling out of that part of the transaction.

OK SO THE DEALERSHIP IS GIVING TO ME A MSRP CAR OF $40520 -$3000 REBATE- 37k

WITH $1,500 down I can get the car with 13,500 miles a year 39 months for $459

is this any good? or is it still worth it to try to get a pin from someone and then apply the rebates on top of the x plan price?

please help!

is this any good? or is it still worth it to try to get a pin from someone and then apply the rebates on top of the x plan price?

please help!

Ask the dealer for a quote on the same vehicle on X plan. No way for us to tell one way or the other.

X-plan isn't really that good. It's over invoice. Unless you're getting a Sport, you can do better as a normal consumer.

For the one I just ordered...

Retail - 42585

X plan - 40014.57

D plan - 38492.07

A/Z plan - 38392.07

Invoice - 39899.07

There's also only 2k in rebates unless you're a cop or military.

X-plan isn't really that good. It's over invoice. Unless you're getting a Sport, you can do better as a normal consumer.

Retail - 42585

X plan - 40014.57

D plan - 38492.07

A/Z plan - 38392.07

Invoice - 39899.07

I was getting $3,000 in rebates.....I should ask what the x plan price is, but I thoought that if the MSRP is $40,520 then the x plan pricing should be $38K at the minimum then apply the rebates to it...

Retail - 42585

X plan - 40014.57

D plan - 38492.07

A/Z plan - 38392.07

Invoice - 39899.07

So what was your cost and where did you get it? You still get the rebates on top of X plan so you'd have to negotiate a price at dealer invoice minus rebates plus $100 doc fee. It can be done on certain vehicles but beware of dealers who say they can beat x plan but then they keep the rebates or add really high doc fees or other add-ons or they rip you off on the trade-in to make up the difference.

I was getting $3,000 in rebates.....I should ask what the x plan price is, but I thoought that if the MSRP is $40,520 then the x plan pricing should be $38K at the minimum then apply the rebates to it...

Yes, you get the rebates in addition to the X plan price.

Cool. So you know Doug........

Do they still let you keep the spiff check? Can't beat that deal.

HELLO AGAIN,

OK, SO ACCORDING TO AN ONLINE LEASE CALCULATOR AND THE FIGURES THAT I GOT, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DETERMINE THE COST:

MSRP $40.520

MINUS INCENTIVES AND GETTING IT DOWN TO INVOICEMAKES IT

$33,500

THEN

MONEY FACTOR OF 3.25%

RESDIUAL VALUE ON A 39 MONTH LEASE AT 51%

7% SALES TAX

NO MONEY DOWN

$426 A MONTH.

THEN HAVE TO PUT DOWN FIRST MONTH PAYMNET AND DMV AND TITLE AND DOC FEES, SO IT SHOUDL BE ABOUT $1000-$1,200 TO LEAVE THE DEALERSHIP

AM I CORRECT IN THIS?

• 3 weeks later...

please help!

FYI - I've got a 2011 Edge Limited (1500 miles on it) - payment is $341w/o tax or $377.40 w/tax (CA = 9.75%.. lovely state).

36 month lease, 33 months remaining and 12K miles a year. Ingot silver ext/Charcoal int). 302A rapid spec pkg, MSRP was $41K.

I'm about to list it on leasetrader, but if interested in taking it over, PM or email me (damon@edamon.com). Rather assist a Edge forum member than a random person on leasetrader.

for what it's worth, I'm an admin on Mustangworld.com (have been since it's inception).

Best,

Damon

p.s. I might be able to get you an x-pin -- just have to see how many I have remaining for this year (may have used them up - purchased 2 mustang GT's (brembo pkg)