Factory Code & Keyless entry

We bought an 08 Ford Edge LTD AWD used

the factory code does not work on the keyless entry?

we have the factory code card in the glove box

we are able to lock it by pressing the last 2 buttons, but unable to unlock or set new codes...

it's never worked since we bought the vehicle...

any ideas would be appreciated...

We bought an 08 Ford Edge LTD AWD used

the factory code does not work on the keyless entry?

we have the factory code card in the glove box

we are able to lock it by pressing the last 2 buttons, but unable to unlock or set new codes...

it's never worked since we bought the vehicle...

any ideas would be appreciated...

Check each button to make sure they all work. Perhaps one of them isn't working (one of the first 3 since you already tested the last two). If they all seem to work (the pad lights up when you press it) then you may just have the wrong factory code. Do a search on the forums for the location of the keycode. It's printed somewhere in the vehicle.

Akirby's advice is good. I think I remember reading that the code is either on the inside of the fuse cover or somewhere under the hood. I will see if I can find the info.

Here ya go;

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6723-factory-code-for-keyless-entry/page__p__53721__hl__%2Bfactory+%2B__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=53721

Edited by richy

Akirby's advice is good. I think I remember reading that the code is either on the inside of the fuse cover or somewhere under the hood. I will see if I can find the info.

Here ya go;

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6723-factory-code-for-keyless-entry/page__p__53721__hl__%2Bfactory+%2B__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=53721

Fuse cover sounds right but I wasn't sure since this has been discussed on numerous vehicles and it's in different places.

• 4 weeks later...