Rubber gasket on the side of Vista roof

I have a 2007 Edge and so far I have loved it. I purchased it used in 2009 and I have had very few problems. The seal around the windshield has started to separate but that was the only problem. I have to take it in today to have the air conditioning looked at, and they are checking for a leak but haven't found one yet, although they want to keep it overnight to check. That would be inconvenient, but fortunately, we have another car I can share. My problem is that when I purchased the car, I got the extended warranty on the advice of the salesman and now it is useless to fix the roof. A gasket on the driver's side of the vista roof has come off and it will be $100 to replace the part, which I can't even find information about online, and the labor as well. It is frustrating, especially since it "only reduces wind noise" so it isn't supposed to be a "big deal". It is a big deal for me. What I want to know is does anyone know what this part is called or where I can look into ordering it? I was thinking about trying to replace it myself. Thanks.

I have a 2007 Edge and so far I have loved it. I purchased it used in 2009 and I have had very few problems. The seal around the windshield has started to separate but that was the only problem. I have to take it in today to have the air conditioning looked at, and they are checking for a leak but haven't found one yet, although they want to keep it overnight to check. That would be inconvenient, but fortunately, we have another car I can share. My problem is that when I purchased the car, I got the extended warranty on the advice of the salesman and now it is useless to fix the roof. A gasket on the driver's side of the vista roof has come off and it will be $100 to replace the part, which I can't even find information about online, and the labor as well. It is frustrating, especially since it "only reduces wind noise" so it isn't supposed to be a "big deal". It is a big deal for me. What I want to know is does anyone know what this part is called or where I can look into ordering it? I was thinking about trying to replace it myself. Thanks.

In my last car, the part that had a similar function was called the "Modesty Panel" huh.gif.

Honestly, $100 doesn't sound too bad. I question how much labor it will cost though.