Blue Tooth

refchief

There are times I get in to my vehicle and the blue tooth syncs up. There are times like today that the screen showed my phone connected then a minute later showing my phone is not connected. Sometimes I have to try and connect 4-5 times. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?? Is there a simple fix for this ?? My vehicle is a 2011 Edge LTD. AWD,

Are you using an iPhone? I find my iPhone does this, but not my work-phone. I just turn off then restart the phone and that does the trick.

Also, others might ask what version of SYNC you are using.

Same issue with my iPhone 3GS - most of the time it connects just fine, but at least once a week, SYNC will not show any phone connected. That's when I have to go into my phone settings... general... bluetooth.... then connect (to SYNC) and I'm back in business. It's a little annoying, but nothing I can't manage.

SYNC v2.8

iOS v4.3.3

I am using a Sumsung Galaxy S, It just started this this week. I beleive I have the newest download of Sync, will check My Sync website for version. I have done the same procedure were I going in to settings, bluetooth, pair to Sync etc. does not always work.

I am using a Sumsung Galaxy S, It just started this this week. I beleive I have the newest download of Sync, will check My Sync website for version. I have done the same procedure were I going in to settings, bluetooth, pair to Sync etc. does not always work.

I am not trying to defend SYNC/MFT or recommend against the update, but I think Milktruck and I were trying to convey that it might be the phone and not the system. It takes two to tango :-)

Try process of elimination: reset the phone then try to update the phone. IF that doesn't do it, then go with the Ford update.

Will try, really strange though, yesterday got in after work, phone connected no problem, made a couple calls. Got in this morning , paired up, then disconnected. Not sure if it is phone or sync. Works then doesn't. will leave it for another week and see what happens

Will try, really strange though, yesterday got in after work, phone connected no problem, made a couple calls. Got in this morning , paired up, then disconnected. Not sure if it is phone or sync. Works then doesn't. will leave it for another week and see what happens

The issue is related to the Samsung phone. I have a Samsung Droid Charge and mine does this all the time. If you google search "ford sync samsung charge bluetooth problems" you will see lots of people having problems with Samsung based Android phones. Seems to be related to how they store contacts. See here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1092436

I did this(turned off the download of the phone book) and haven't had an issue since. It is a Samsung problem though, not a Sync problem.

• 5 months later...

I hope my response isn't premature. I just got my phone paired with SYNC today! I have a Samsung Intensity II. The dealership couldn't pair it, nor could I, nor could Verizon. The conclusion was, it's not compatible.

So I was looking to buy another phone, But Verizon said I was not scheduled for an upgrade until November of 2012. I could buy a phone now from them, but the price would be $400 to $650 depending on what I selected!!

I said I'll do some more research. I started Googling the phone name paired with SYNC and came up with a website called "My SYNC Forum.com. It was quickly obvious that others with the same phone were either getting their phones paired to SYNC, or were having the same problem as I. I kept reading and finally found an answer that unlocked the secret of how to pair the two together. I highly recommend the site. Check it out. It might help with your problem. You know - kinda like chicken soup. It can't hurt!!!