Front parking assist sensors

Has anybody added the front parking assist sensors to their 2011 Edge?

Ours came with the reverse sensors and backup camera but nothing on the front. Our 2004 Mercury Monterey has front and back parking sensors and the front sensors help when pulling into a parking space.

I went on the Ford Custom Accessories web page and there is a set of front sensors available, but the description of how they work doesn't make any sense. It said that when you first turn on the ignition the front sensors will be on for 5 minutes and then will shut off. Does anybody have these and is that how they work?

On my Merc when speed is below 3 MPH (maybe 5MPH) the sensors in front are active.

Anyone added any sensors thru Ford or afte rmarket?

Would appreciate any feed back.

• 4 months later...

I only found this: http://www.autoanything.com/mobile-electronics/65A5693A0A0.aspx

I also would like to add front park assist to my 2011 Sport, but it seems that this would not use the existing system. (additional speaker and switch)

Has anybody added the front parking assist sensors to their 2011 Edge?

Ours came with the reverse sensors and backup camera but nothing on the front. Our 2004 Mercury Monterey has front and back parking sensors and the front sensors help when pulling into a parking space.

I went on the Ford Custom Accessories web page and there is a set of front sensors available, but the description of how they work doesn't make any sense. It said that when you first turn on the ignition the front sensors will be on for 5 minutes and then will shut off. Does anybody have these and is that how they work?

On my Merc when speed is below 3 MPH (maybe 5MPH) the sensors in front are active.

Anyone added any sensors thru Ford or afte rmarket?

Would appreciate any feed back.