I am about to order 2011 Ford Edge , by i need your thought .!

DTA

Hey all first timer here

First of all i am looking for a new suv and i never been a ford fan or close to any their prodects

Second i was an owner of 2006 Toyota Avalon since that day until i sell it about 3 month ago , it was agood five years with avalon after 120,000 klm

Now i am looking for the new 2011 Ford Edge , after reading most of the reviews i find this car very intersting , even tho its had a great reliability but i am not sure about that , cause the car had anew tech which its called myford touch and dont know how long could live that long like 3 or 4 years later !

also i am in a region that most of the day hot , wind with dust , and sometimes raining which i really care about using the car in the next 5 years by now and how this high tech can live that long ..

So , in overall : what do you think the 2011 Ford Edge after 4 years or more ? do you think MFT could stay bthat long ?

Sorry about my bad english but i hope you understand my topic , i really want to know if the new edge can be good as my old car the 2006 Avalon and i never been ford customer before this day ..

Regards

Edited by DTA

No crystal ball here, so don't have any idea how long the Sync/MFT will last. Some, like myself, have had issues within the first week or so, with the unit going down. If the dealer in your area is not up to speed on this thing, you may struggle.

Electronics either work or they don't. If it's ok after the first year it will be ok for years and years and years so no worries there.

You may have some short term issues but those should be fixed with the new software at some point.

If you really like the car and you like the MFT interface (make sure you test it out first) then there is no reason not to buy one.