SYNC Issues

new edge owner

I've been having issues with my 2011 Edge SYNC. At first it would reboot almost twice a month and then it was more frequent. Almost once a week or anytime I left the city limits or if the weather was bad it seemed.

Then the other day it went completely black on me. I restarted the vehicle and still nothing. So now it's been five days with no music, no access to most climate controls and no bluetooth. I'm going BONKERS. I even had an issue the other day. When I went to start the vehicle, the brake locked in place and there was an error NO KEY DETECTED. Then the alarm went off while I was sitting in it trying to start it! So I took my foot off the brake and pushed the start button only and for some reason it released the brake peddle and it went back to accessory mode. So I was able to start over and start the vehicle.

My appt is tomorrow for the SYNC update that is requested by Ford company. So we'll see what happens....

Any suggestions for this if it happens again after their SYNC update?

I've been having issues with my 2011 Edge SYNC. At first it would reboot almost twice a month and then it was more frequent. Almost once a week or anytime I left the city limits or if the weather was bad it seemed.

Then the other day it went completely black on me. I restarted the vehicle and still nothing. So now it's been five days with no music, no access to most climate controls and no bluetooth. I'm going BONKERS. I even had an issue the other day. When I went to start the vehicle, the brake locked in place and there was an error NO KEY DETECTED. Then the alarm went off while I was sitting in it trying to start it! So I took my foot off the brake and pushed the start button only and for some reason it released the brake peddle and it went back to accessory mode. So I was able to start over and start the vehicle.

My appt is tomorrow for the SYNC update that is requested by Ford company. So we'll see what happens....

Ask them to replace the APIM.

Sounds like your module may be bad. Good luck.

Sounds like your module may be bad. Good luck.

Keep documentation from the dealer. Make sure your work order states the problems you are having,not just dealer is to install an update. Keep a diary of problems if you can and video record problems if you can.

You are not the only one having problems

In the past few weeks I have been noticing problems with my Sync as well. Tonight the screen just went black (this is happened before, just thought it was an update being pushed) and thought turning off the vehicle and restarting would solve the issue but not the case. I'll be taking my Edge to the dealership tomorrow. I haven't had any problems with my Sync until just the last few weeks. I've had my vehicle since January.