New Edge Owner

Goldenfoxx

We purchased a used 2008 Edge along with the extended warranty. I'm glad we purchased the extended warranty as the sun roof on the very first attempt to open it, it would not open. It's at the dealer's right now getting fixed. I found this forum when searching for the Edge sun roof. This looks like a good place to get info on the Edge. Our prior car was a Mercury Mountaineer (1999) which got totaled in an accident in May. So far we're very happy with the Edge.

We purchased a used 2008 Edge along with the extended warranty. I'm glad we purchased the extended warranty as the sun roof on the very first attempt to open it, it would not open. It's at the dealer's right now getting fixed. I found this forum when searching for the Edge sun roof. This looks like a good place to get info on the Edge. Our prior car was a Mercury Mountaineer (1999) which got totaled in an accident in May. So far we're very happy with the Edge.

Well it looks like they "think" the motors are out on the sun roof. So, come Monday, the car is back at the dealers to replace 2 motors on the sun roof and the "harness." All covered on the extended warranty minus the $100 deductible. The car has 25,000 miles on it, you woulda thunk the quirks would have showed up prior to this BTW, Ford is aware of the ongoing problem with this particular model and the sun roof not retracting back.

Well it looks like they "think" the motors are out on the sun roof. So, come Monday, the car is back at the dealers to replace 2 motors on the sun roof and the "harness." All covered on the extended warranty minus the $100 deductible. The car has 25,000 miles on it, you woulda thunk the quirks would have showed up prior to this BTW, Ford is aware of the ongoing problem with this particular model and the sun roof not retracting back.

Too bad you did not discover this on your test drive. Kinda wonder if the dealer knew about this, and if not, how well they inspect the used cars they sell. I think I would have a conversation and ask if the dealership will split the deductible with you. This is one case where the extended warranty has probably more than paid for itself.