22" Rims 3M films

nnredman

I just bought a 2011 Edge Sport last month and I love it, but I live in Michigan and there is a lot of salt on the roads during the winter months. I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of some sort of rim protection that is almost like a 3M film that can be applied to the 22' sport rims to protect them from the elements. I don't want to have to buy another set of rims and tires for the winter, so if I could get this film applied in the winter and then peel it off during the summer months without damaging anything that would be great. Also if no one has heard of anything available like this what would you suggest I do to try to protect the rims during the winter months? Any feedback would be appreciated!

I just bought a 2011 Edge Sport last month and I love it, but I live in Michigan and there is a lot of salt on the roads during the winter months. I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of some sort of rim protection that is almost like a 3M film that can be applied to the 22' sport rims to protect them from the elements. I don't want to have to buy another set of rims and tires for the winter, so if I could get this film applied in the winter and then peel it off during the summer months without damaging anything that would be great. Also if no one has heard of anything available like this what would you suggest I do to try to protect the rims during the winter months? Any feedback would be appreciated!

You could definitely wrap it in vinyl. I'm thinking about doing it to my chrome clads. Problem is, I don't think they have a clear one.

If you don't mind running blacked out (or other color) rims during he winter, look into Scotchprint 1080 Vinyl.