X-Plan Incentive Question

Do you get all available incentives with x-plan even if you don't qualify? So for excample, available incentives right now show 1,000 & 1,000 if you finance, $500 college, $500 for police - none of which I would qualify for since I plan to finance through bank.

If I go x-plan, would I get another $3,000 off the x-plan price?

Also, has anyone used the Bank of merica Zag price to negotiate but not purchase through BOA?

Thanks

Do you get all available incentives with x-plan even if you don't qualify? So for excample, available incentives right now show 1,000 & 1,000 if you finance, $500 college, $500 for police - none of which I would qualify for since I plan to finance through bank.

If I go x-plan, would I get another $3,000 off the x-plan price?

Also, has anyone used the Bank of merica Zag price to negotiate but not purchase through BOA?

Thanks

You can take advantage of available incentives in addition to the x-plan price. However, all the rules for the incentives still apply - the x-plan price does not automatically qualify you for the incentives.

pearlybaker,

It's funny you ask that; I went through that EXACT same scenario a few days ago. I qualify for X-Plan and was able to take advantage of all the available incentives I qualified for ($1,000 off). In addition I tried to Finance through Bank of America, but when I went to the dealership, they were able to source better financing for me (BoA was going to give me 2.88 for 60, but the finance manager at ford got me 2.9 or 1.9 for 60 if I purchased the Premium ESP 84/125k for an additional $1700)

Short answer: Yes, you can get those rebates; BoA doesnt' give great financing, even if your Experian is in the 800s

You get all publicly available incentives and sometimes there are x plan specific incentives on top of that - usually when there is dealer cash involved. But the rules for the other qualified rebates are the same and most of those can't be used with X plan (college grad, aqha, etc.).

For those that have used the X-Plan. Have you been able to negotiate more off the vehicle than the standard Ford Rebates? It seems like dealers I have been dealing with aren't budging from that price. It might be the case that I would have to work the trade-in price to get what I want.

Hi smooth. :D X-Plan (and AZD-Plan) pricing is non-negotiable. If you want to negotiate the new car price, you can not use an X-Plan PIN. You are free to negotiate your trade-in deal, extended warranty pricing and other Dealer installed/provided accessories.

And as mentioned by others above, in addition to the X-Plan price you also are eligible for all publicly available Incentives/Rebates which you qualify for, plus there are sometimes additional Incentives/Rebates available to X-Plan (and AZD-Plan) buyers only.

Good luck. :beerchug:

...or 1.9 for 60 if I purchased the Premium ESP 84/125k for an additional $1700

1.9% for 60 only if you take the Premium ESP? Did you even want the ESP? I don't see how a rate on a loan is dependent on add-ons you purchase. If that's the rate BOA approved you for, you should be entitled to it regardless.

1.9% for 60 only if you take the Premium ESP? Did you even want the ESP? I don't see how a rate on a loan is dependent on add-ons you purchase. If that's the rate BOA approved you for, you should be entitled to it regardless.

Plus you can get the Ford ESP significantly cheaper if you shop around online from other Ford dealers.

Sounds like the dealer was buying down the interest rate, similar to paying points on a mortgage.

So I purchased a AWD SEL with spec 302A plus Voice Navigation add-on for $33,700, sticker was $36,620. This price included $1,000 incentive. Also, got $3,500 for 2001 Pathfinder with a 150K and in need of tires, brakes, and belts ($2k worth of work).

Wondering how this compares with other people's dealings?

I'm happy since I haven't even seen a SEL in New England for the past seven weeks with voice nav and I'm not sure prospects are great to get many more in before 2012's roll out with AWD only available on top trim.

Funny thing is that I was negotiating a price and then told them I could come back with x-plan pin and force them to sell me car for less than bottom line as my brother worked for Ford (he doesn't). Next thing I kow we get to price and they write up the P&S with pin required by Thursday pick-up. I told the guy I wished he had told me they were going to do X-Plan because I had to check with my bro if he had any left, etc. Now I'm sweating it because they have my deposit and P&S and I'm not sure if I can even get a PIN, nevermind in the next day.

Funny thing is, the sales guy on his own checked my employer and turns out he got me a PIN.

There was no way they were going below $500 over invoice if I didn't have X-Plan.

Edited by pearlybaker

So I purchased a AWD SEL with spec 302A plus Voice Navigation add-on for $33,700, sticker was $36,620. This price included $1,000 incentive. Also, got $3,500 for 2001 Pathfinder with a 150K and in need of tires, brakes, and belts ($2k worth of work).

Wondering how this compares with other people's dealings?

I'm happy since I haven't even seen a SEL in New England for the past seven weeks with voice nav and I'm not sure prospects are great to get many more in before 2012's roll out with AWD only available on top trim.

Funny thing is that I was negotiating a price and then told them I could come back with x-plan pin and force them to sell me car for less than bottom line as my brother worked for Ford (he doesn't). Next thing I kow we get to price and they write up the P&S with pin required by Thursday pick-up. I told the guy I wished he had told me they were going to do X-Plan because I had to check with my bro if he had any left, etc. Now I'm sweating it because they have my deposit and P&S and I'm not sure if I can even get a PIN, nevermind in the next day.

Funny thing is, the sales guy on his own checked my employer and turns out he got me a PIN.

There was no way they were going below $500 over invoice if I didn't have X-Plan.

Hi pearlybaker. :D As long as you are happy with the deal, that is all that matters.

However, before anyone else gets any ideas from your experience, we need to point out a few inconsistencies, since it is not entirely clear who fooled who here, or if anyone was fooled at all:

1 - If "your brother" worked for Ford, as an immediate family member of the Ford Employee (yes, I understand you were fibbing at the time), you would be eligible for A-Plan pricing, which is much better than X-Plan. Since any Dealer would know this information, it is not entirely clear whether you fooled them or they used your lack of this knowledge against you.

2 - EDITED - Be sure the Dealer actually registered you properly under your particular company's Ford Partner ID, registered you properly for an X-Plan PIN, uses it for the sales transaction and follows Ford's X-Plan rules. Go to the Ford Partner website (where the Dealer would have had to register you) to read up on your rights as an X-Plan customer and also see #'s 3 and 4 below for more details.

3 - Did you get a copy of the original Factory Invoice, with the box labeled "X-Plan" and the price within it clearly readable? If you did not get a unaltered copy, the Dealer did not follow the Plan rules and probably did not perform a proper X-Plan sale.

4 - Did you get a completed copy of the AXZ-Plan Purchase Agreement paperwork? Again, if you did not, then the Dealer most likely did not perform the X-Plan sale correctly. And the only reason to not perform the sale correctly would be to rip off the customer.

Please understand that I am not doubting your side of the story at all. The problem is, you are not familiar with the way a proper Plan sale should be performed, and the Dealer most likely realized it and very possibly took advantage of this (while you thought you were taking advantage of them). The inconsistencies mentioned above simply make it extremely unlikely that a Dealer would fall for such a story, since they have heard it all before. This is why a salesman's negotiations (since he could be a rookie) must go through the upper levels of management for an okay before a deal is finalized.

So let's just say that if you found a Dealership that does not know that you should have been able to qualify for an A-Plan PIN (and the better deal), was somehow able to obtain a Ford Partner X-Plan PIN for you, provided a copy of the original Factory Invoice with the X-Plan price visible/unaltered and also provided a properly completed copy of the AXZ-Plan Purchase Agreement, you were one lucky camper. :drop:

But again, although I do want to keep anyone else from making the same possible errors, I also am not trying to rain on your parade. So as long as you are happy, at this point that is all that matters.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Plus you can get the Ford ESP significantly cheaper if you shop around online from other Ford dealers.

Thats the thing, did shop around. The cheapest I could find online was around $1800 for the 84/125k ESP. I had intended to buy it after the fact, but the dealer beat the best online price by $100. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Thats the thing, did shop around. The cheapest I could find online was around $1800 for the 84/125k ESP. I had intended to buy it after the fact, but the dealer beat the best online price by $100. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Try Flood Ford www.floodfordesp.com/. Its a little over a $1000 for 84/125 with a $0 deductible.

2 - A Dealer can not get an X-Plan PIN (in this case, a "Ford Partner X-Plan PIN") for a customer (in this case, you) through the customers employer. You would need to initiate and finalize that PIN transaction, since you would need to obtain your company's Ford Partner ID through your HR department, register on the Ford Partner site etc..

I just bought my daughter a 2012 Focus (ordered from my long time local salesman). When it came in I told him I needed to go get my PIN and he said no worries, I can generate it for you. And he did. He had all the X plan partner codes and knew my employer. He asked for my email address and he actually generated the PIN for me (with my permission) from the fordpartner.com website. I got a confirmation email.

I'm sure that's what the dealer did in this case, too - assuming he knew who pearlybaker worked for and they are in fact a Ford partner.

pearlybaker - did you get an email confirming your X plan PIN? If not you need to find out where the dealer got the X plan pin.

Funny thing is that I was negotiating a price and then told them I could come back with x-plan pin and force them to sell me car for less than bottom line as my brother worked for Ford (he doesn't).

Let me also clear up this misperception - you can't FORCE a dealer to accept X plan on anything. It's 100% voluntary. They can accept or deny X plan on any vehicle.

Also - when you use A/Z/D/X plan the dealer gets a spiff check from Ford (usually $400 or so) so they could actually be making more from a X plan sale even though your price is lower.

So that was probably more the reason they accepted it rather than your threat.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm happy with the deal because I didn't want to pay up for a Limited and all the extras - all I wanted was AWD, the center screen, and voice nav. The SEL with just these options was the cheapest way to get there and there haven't been any available for a while. I was also worried that 2012 AWD option was only going to be on top trim line and I wouldn't be able to afford that.

Some points of clarification:

1. I mentioned to them that I was eligible for x-plan based on brother's employment.

2. I had used a code found here to access x-Pan pricing through Ford's website for the car I was interested in - I asked them their x-plan pricing and it matched exactly what I received off the Ford website quote to the penny.

3. The saesman in fact did generate a PIN through my employer as I received an email last night with all th einformation and pin. He must have just used my social and email address from credit app.

4. I haven't done the financing yet and I imagine that is where I will fill in al the x-plan specific paperwork.

5. Finally, I'm sure the dealr feels like he go the last laugh and doesn't think I know that he'll get an additional $750 on top of my trade and financing but I'm willing to let that go since it doesn't come out of my pocket and the fact is, he wasn't selling the car near x-plan price based on market demand.

I just bought my daughter a 2012 Focus (ordered from my long time local salesman). When it came in I told him I needed to go get my PIN and he said no worries, I can generate it for you. And he did. He had all the X plan partner codes and knew my employer. He asked for my email address and he actually generated the PIN for me (with my permission) from the fordpartner.com website. I got a confirmation email.

I'm sure that's what the dealer did in this case, too - assuming he knew who pearlybaker worked for and they are in fact a Ford partner.

pearlybaker - did you get an email confirming your X plan PIN? If not you need to find out where the dealer got the X plan pin.

Hi Allen. :D Gotcha. Thanks for the heads-up.

That is an unusual occurrence which I had never come across before, but since it happened in your case I will rewrite #2. In the past, we have had so many forum members unable to get their Partner Company passwords from their employers HR department, so hopefully more Dealers will have access to this information. So the end result is good.

Thanks again and good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for the feedback - I'm happy with the deal because I didn't want to pay up for a Limited and all the extras - all I wanted was AWD, the center screen, and voice nav. The SEL with just these options was the cheapest way to get there and there haven't been any available for a while. I was also worried that 2012 AWD option was only going to be on top trim line and I wouldn't be able to afford that.

Some points of clarification:

1. I mentioned to them that I was eligible for x-plan based on brother's employment.

2. I had used a code found here to access x-Pan pricing through Ford's website for the car I was interested in - I asked them their x-plan pricing and it matched exactly what I received off the Ford website quote to the penny.

3. The saesman in fact did generate a PIN through my employer as I received an email last night with all th einformation and pin. He must have just used my social and email address from credit app.

4. I haven't done the financing yet and I imagine that is where I will fill in al the x-plan specific paperwork.

5. Finally, I'm sure the dealr feels like he go the last laugh and doesn't think I know that he'll get an additional $750 on top of my trade and financing but I'm willing to let that go since it doesn't come out of my pocket and the fact is, he wasn't selling the car near x-plan price based on market demand.

Hi pearlybaker. :D Again, as long as the Dealer performed the Plan purchase correctly and you are happy, that is all that matters. Since you did receive all of the proper E-mail verifications it certainly seems as though your Dealer did things correctly, so that is great.

But just to clarify your #1, where you stated, "I mentioned to them that I was eligible for x-plan based on brother's employment.". That statement would have been a clear tip-off to the Dealer that you were new at this, since if you really had a brother at Ford you would have been eligible for the "A-Plan", which is a much better deal than X-Plan. And there is no other way, unless you lived with your brother at the same address, that you would be eligible for an X-Plan PIN from him. Since you are new to this and not familiar with the various Plans and how they work, your confusion is understandable.

And also, as akirby mentioned, Dealer participation in AXZ-Plan sales is strictly voluntary. They can refuse to sell on the AXZ-Plan at any time they wish, even on a sale by sale basis. So no one can "force" a Dealer to sell them a car on the X-Plan.

However, that is all water under the bridge now, since it seems your Dealer did things correctly.

Heck, we all learn something new at one time or another, since until akirby posted about his experiences, I had never witnessed a Dealer having access to all the Ford Partner pass codes.

Anyway, best of luck with your new Edge! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530