Aftermarket Rims on Stock Tires

mad08edge

I am interested in putting some black after market rims on a 2008 Edge and possibly keeping the same size tires. I have not found anyone here with a similar package and would be interested in even seeing any after market rims on the stock tires. Anyone with pics or possibly someone who has seen a package like this please feel free to let me know what it looked like and if it's worth the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

I am interested in putting some black after market rims on a 2008 Edge and possibly keeping the same size tires. I have not found anyone here with a similar package and would be interested in even seeing any after market rims on the stock tires. Anyone with pics or possibly someone who has seen a package like this please feel free to let me know what it looked like and if it's worth the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

I've seen a member here put his stock tires back on new rims.

Personally, I don't see the benefit. If you are going to drop some coin for a nice wheel, you should get a nice tire too.

All too often tires are overlooked, but they are a large factor, if not the most important factor, in the noise, ride, and performance of your vehicle.

Plus the unmounting and remounting of tires is a waste of effort (whether someone else's or not)

How much treadlife is left on the current tires?

I'd guess no less than 90%...right now more importantly Im working with a budget and was looking for some options, and if the look was not there than I would wait until I can do the whole package. I am a truck guy and the Edge is my wife's, with that said I have seen many people apply the same idea on trucks and it look nice. Also, I haven't fully commited to the large increase in a rim size in the fact that I would like to keep as close to stock ride height and a 17" rim with lower profile tires would lower that considerably.

We live in North Florida so snow is not an issue...and no she probably will not like that aspect either. I would also be interested in just upgrading from the alloy wheels to a higher level of the edge rims however the research I have done on that shows that isnt a cost effective stragety.

We live in North Florida so snow is not an issue...and no she probably will not like that aspect either. I would also be interested in just upgrading from the alloy wheels to a higher level of the edge rims however the research I have done on that shows that isnt a cost effective stragety.

Agreed, you are better off searching these threads until a good offer comes by. You can often get a full set of rims and wheels for the same price as rims elsewhere. I've seen a couple sets so far that I would have jumped on if not for other mods locking up my cash.