MFT V2.11 Update

So I've had 2.11 on my 2011 Edge Limted for a couple of days so I figured I would strart a thread so that we can compare notes.

Fixes I've noticed:

Sirius channel callout by name since reorg problem - Fixed (you can also fix this on the lower releases of software with a patch that is posted on the syncmyride website.

Things for sure not fixed:

USB device set to Autoplay will still switch over and become active after car power cycles. Workaround is just to turn Autoplay off.

Problems I have had in the past which I haven't seen under 2.11, but in fairness I probably haven't really been running long enough to have encountered yet if they aren't fixed:

Random system reboot.

Lockup of navigation system on a long trip or after heavy use.

System lockup requiring a fuse pull.

Audio system non-responsivness require source switching trick to get it running again.

Phone pairing disconnections.

That is all I can think of right now. Overall the system seems more responsive, but probably not more than 2.8 did when I first had that installed.

The only issue I've had at all is the phone being dropped all the time. I'm still on 2.8, and I have figured out the solution. When I paired the Edge to the phone instead of vice-versa, it seems to work great.

Also, why are three different dealers quoting me 3-5 hours to do the update?

Edited by Dingo

The only issue I've had at all is the phone being dropped all the time. I'm still on 2.8, and I have figured out the solution. When I paired the Edge to the phone instead of vice-versa, it seems to work great.

Don't know why they are saying it will take so long unless they are worried about it not installing right the first time.

When i had 2.8 installed it took almost 2 hours. Get a loaner and let them have it all day. Just make sure everything

is working when you get it back before you leave. My nav was not working when i picked it up and they had to redo

it while i waited. Make sure they know you are wanting it done because you are having problems. If you don't they

may try to charge you. Let us know what happens.

That sounds about right. You have to figure time on either end of the update for setup and such, plus sometimes it has to be done a couple of times before it takes (or so we have been told). On this update they shared with the wife that they had to "wipe the entire system" and then perform the update to get it to take. Unless you have a good book to read it is probably a drop it off and come back kind of a procedure versus a waiting room deal.

So yesterday on one of my trips my phone would not connect to SYNC at all. When I tried to force SYNC to connect it popped up and told me "Bluetooth is not turned on, would I like to turn it on?" to which I said Yes. Still would not connect. When I got to my destination and restarted the car I had a black screen momentarily, and then I got the infamous "Performing scheduled maintenance" reboot screen. When that finished my phone was connected and I had no further problems.

For the record my phone is a crappy Nokia flip that is a couple of years old, nothing fancy. Overall I haven't had much problems with getting it to pair with SYNC.

So yesterday on one of my trips my phone would not connect to SYNC at all. When I tried to force SYNC to connect it popped up and told me "Bluetooth is not turned on, would I like to turn it on?" to which I said Yes. Still would not connect. When I got to my destination and restarted the car I had a black screen momentarily, and then I got the infamous "Performing scheduled maintenance" reboot screen. When that finished my phone was connected and I had no further problems.

For the record my phone is a crappy Nokia flip that is a couple of years old, nothing fancy. Overall I haven't had much problems with getting it to pair with SYNC.

A few versions ago I used to have a similar problem. It required me to pull Fuse 29 in order to fix it.

Sounds like your 2.11 realized that it got stupid and did it's own reboot.