Whell Bearings

I've been waiting over a week for a front wheel bearing for my "09 Edge. My dealer, (whom I like and trust so far) says there appears to be a problem with quality control on them and they don't expect shipment until mid August. Has anyone else heard of this? Is anyone else experiencing premature failure of wheel bearings. I've owned vehicles in which I've never repalced a wheel bearing. What gives. At least it's under warranty (if they ever get the part).

Edited by garykuch

I've been waiting over a week for a front wheel bearing for my "09 Edge. My dealer, (whom I like and trust so far) says there appears to be a problem with quality control on them and they don't expect shipment until mid August. Has anyone else heard of this? Is anyone else experiencing premature failure of wheel bearings. I've owned vehicles in which I've never repalced a wheel bearing. What gives. At least it's under warranty (if they ever get the part).

Discussed many many times in many many threads. Do a search for "wheel bearing". It appears to be a defect in the hub assembly causing the bearing to fail.

I have a 2008, wondering because I am kicking around the idea of a new one because my warranty is up in February. One of my justifications is how much it will cost to fix things.

I had both bearings replaced on my 2008 Edge last year with only 18000 miles on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I

Edited by 81da82ki

Edited by 81da82ki

I have a 2008 Edge purchased new with 42,000 miles and my left rear is failing. Cannot get into the service department until next week so I have been driving it to work. The noise is getting louder and I also called Ford Customer Service and they pretty much didn't care. I am really considering trading the Edge in on something other than a Ford as I do not want to deal with this problem on the other 3 wheels. Also, I am almost at the end of my power train warranty. I really like the Edge but don't think that I want to deal with this issue three more times. Makes me wonder what else will go wrong with it.

• 4 weeks later...