Low Air Pressure Sensors

Capt Awesome

I brought a used 2007 Edge back in March. It has CD player, GPS, Sunroof, and more. The only thing it doesn't seem to have is low pressure warning in it. When I start the car, the light for it comes on and then goes out so I am thinking that I could possibly install it. Would I be able to buy the hardware for it and have it installed somewhere?

Thanks for any help

Capt Awesome

I brought a used 2007 Edge back in March. It has CD player, GPS, Sunroof, and more. The only thing it doesn't seem to have is low pressure warning in it. When I start the car, the light for it comes on and then goes out so I am thinking that I could possibly install it. Would I be able to buy the hardware for it and have it installed somewhere?

Thanks for any help

Capt Awesome

Hi Capt Awesome. :D If the TPMS light in your instrument cluster illuminates briefly when you turn on the ignition, then goes out, you have TPMS, as Dingo mentioned. This, along with an in depth description of how the TPMS system operates, is explained on the Owners Manual.

TPMS was required by Federal Law since the 2008 model year.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi Capt Awesome. :D If the TPMS light in your instrument cluster illuminates briefly when you turn on the ignition, then goes out, you have TPMS, as Dingo mentioned. This, along with an in depth description of how the TPMS system operates, is explained on the Owners Manual.

TPMS was required by Federal Law since the 2008 model year.

Ok. I guess what makes me think that it is not installed on my vehicle is that when I do a system check, doors shut, fuel level low (which who can afford gas right now..lol), and so on, nothing comes up about the tires being properly inflated/under inflated. My girlfriend has a Chevy Impala (which I know all manufactures are different) and she can go through a check like that and it tells her how much is in each tire. Do the Edges system not work like that? Do they only tell you when they are not properly inflated?

Once again, Thanks

Capt Awesome

Ok. I guess what makes me think that it is not installed on my vehicle is that when I do a system check, doors shut, fuel level low (which who can afford gas right now..lol), and so on, nothing comes up about the tires being properly inflated/under inflated. My girlfriend has a Chevy Impala (which I know all manufactures are different) and she can go through a check like that and it tells her how much is in each tire. Do the Edges system not work like that? Do they only tell you when they are not properly inflated?

Once again, Thanks

Capt Awesome

Hi CA. :D The Ford system does not give individual tire pressure readings.

However, very useful information concerning how the TPMS system, Systems Check and many other vehicle features operate is explained in detail in the Owners Manual. In this case, giving it a quick read over would probably be of great benefit for you, since you will probably learn some other useful facts and features contained in your Edge.

If you did not get a copy (buying used) you can download a PDF version, along with other useful Owner Guides, on the Ford Owners Website located here: LINK - Ford Owner Guides I would also recommend registering, since there are also other benefits.

Hope this information helps.

Edited by bbf2530