Sport Headlight/ taillights

RaulB

Has anyone heard of this company http://www.carpartsshed.com/Catalog/Default.aspx?Make=Ford&Model=Edge&YearID=2010&Part=Headlight&sModel=SE&engine=6+Cyl+3.5L

i blacked out my grill and now it doesnt look right with the chrome headlights... was thinking of picking these up... price for the tailigights and headlights is 700 shipped to my door...

what do you guys think?

Couldn't you open the stock headlight up and plasti dip the inside? At the same time remove the reflector.

yes.... i have done it before but man what a PITA it is to do.. were talking about around a 8 hour process for 2 headlights...

its not worth it to me to have to do some again.. i havent heard of this aftermarket company in the link before so im not sure how good of a quality they are...

How hard is it to remove the headlight?

you have to bake them to be able to pull it apart... then clean off all the glue so you can re attach them.. plus you would still need to prep and paint the inside of them... from start to finish its about 4 hours per light...

There are 4 bolts to remove the headlamp , before you do that you have to take the fascia off.

Front fascia takes 15 minutes to remove.

Most of the work here is splitting the lights, modding and reassembling. 8 hours is a good estimate, but it's not 8 solid hours of work.

Could be done 4 hours if you are proficient.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the thing, changing to the Sport lights won't really do much for the looks becasue you still ahve all that headlight reflector. Painting the reflectors, if one could do a good job, would look ok as long as you never drive at night as you wouldn't have hardly anylight output. Now if you wanted to get trick you would have to do a projector retrofit that way you would have the dark lights that you are looking for and also have light output but seriously you picked the wrong color vehicle to "murder out". Your would look sharp with tinted windows, lowered and some nice polished or chrome 20's on it adn get rid of the web address you have stenciled on the side

Heres the thing, changing to the Sport lights won't really do much for the looks becasue you still ahve all that headlight reflector. Painting the reflectors, if one could do a good job, would look ok as long as you never drive at night as you wouldn't have hardly anylight output. Now if you wanted to get trick you would have to do a projector retrofit that way you would have the dark lights that you are looking for and also have light output but seriously you picked the wrong color vehicle to "murder out". Your would look sharp with tinted windows, lowered and some nice polished or chrome 20's on it adn get rid of the web address you have stenciled on the side

to each their own... i actually like the two tone effect. most of my trucks are all white with everything else black and it looks good. The edge is silver and i like the two tone with all the chrome black but thats just me....