Funky mini fuses in my 2011

Went to hardwire my radar detector into a new 2011 SEL today and ran into some trouble. What's up with the short posts on the mini fuses? Had a heck of a time getting the positive wire attached to these stuby little things. I've never seen this new fuse design until today. Didn't check but does a regular mini fuse slide into these outlets?

Went to hardwire my radar detector into a new 2011 SEL today and ran into some trouble. What's up with the short posts on the mini fuses? Had a heck of a time getting the positive wire attached to these stuby little things. I've never seen this new fuse design until today. Didn't check but does a regular mini fuse slide into these outlets?

They're called low profile ATM fuses and you can substitute a regular ATM style fuse in their place if you want to use a fuse tap to get power to an accessory. The only issue is whether or not the fuse cover will fit back into place (usually it does).

I ran into the same issue when I was wiring my radar detector in and used a regular ATM fuse of the same capacity, didn't have any problems. It does make you wonder why they decided to change formats though.