berryEDGEie in Kansas

berryEDGEie

well, traded our 02 Suburban for an 07 Edge day before yesterday. so far, we just love it. I don't miss the BIG machine when I park for sure! I am sure I will love the gas mileage comparison as well! My 6'1" son says that there is more room in the back seat than there was in the suburban.....go figure. He enjoyed driving the Edge yesterday too and decided it was 'pretty cool' . I had several people gawking trying to figure out what kind of car it is.......and already many questions from people about it.

I am happy to have found this forum to keep updated on any new things coming out etc.

I do have a question........is there anyplace I could have seen the cargo organizer thing? I saw one on the edge website.....is it the same as what would have come from the factory? and is there any kind of cargo cover you can add? that I will miss on trips..........I guess covering things with a blanket on a trip would work.......but rather have a cover of some type.

Happy :hyper: to be an Edgie person!

Kay

well, traded our 02 Suburban for an 07 Edge day before yesterday. so far, we just love it. I don't miss the BIG machine when I park for sure! I am sure I will love the gas mileage comparison as well! My 6'1" son says that there is more room in the back seat than there was in the suburban.....go figure. He enjoyed driving the Edge yesterday too and decided it was 'pretty cool' . I had several people gawking trying to figure out what kind of car it is.......and already many questions from people about it.

I am happy to have found this forum to keep updated on any new things coming out etc.

I do have a question........is there anyplace I could have seen the cargo organizer thing? I saw one on the edge website.....is it the same as what would have come from the factory? and is there any kind of cargo cover you can add? that I will miss on trips..........I guess covering things with a blanket on a trip would work.......but rather have a cover of some type.

Happy :hyper: to be an Edgie person!

Kay

Congrats on your new Edge and welcome! :rockon:

As to your questions, I'm assuming that you visited the accessories website. The cargo management system that you get from the factory is an under the cargo floor arrangement that uses the space around the spare. The one on the accessories website is a mat with velcro corner pieces to keep things from sliding. So they are not the same.

There is now a cargo cover offered, it attaches to all three headrests on one end and the other end I'm not sure about. There may be aftermarket alternatives, but I don't know of them. Myself, I bought two Neatsheets to both protect the floor and cover anything I carry. You can get them at Target, Walmart, etc, for around $6 each.

Congrats on your new Edge and welcome! :rockon:

As to your questions, I'm assuming that you visited the accessories website. The cargo management system that you get from the factory is an under the cargo floor arrangement that uses the space around the spare. The one on the accessories website is a mat with velcro corner pieces to keep things from sliding. So they are not the same.

There is now a cargo cover offered, it attaches to all three headrests on one end and the other end I'm not sure about. There may be aftermarket alternatives, but I don't know of them. Myself, I bought two Neatsheets to both protect the floor and cover anything I carry. You can get them at Target, Walmart, etc, for around $6 each.

I saw the "cargo management" option in a showroom car. Those little plastic cups arranged around the spare aren't big enough to hold much more than paper clips. And you can't lock down the floor. It's obviously not for security purposes. I've been thinking about cutting out the styrofoam sorrounding the spare to make room for bigger things, but surely not a laptop or anything like that. Speedtrap63 must have been referring to Ford accessory 7T4Z-7845-440-AC for $125 suggested to me in response to my query about a cargo cover. Haven't checked it out yet. Cargo hiding and security is really my only quibble with the Edge, which I've had for about 3 months, and it doesn't look like it will be solved in the '08 models either.

Love the car otherwise!

I saw the "cargo management" option in a showroom car. Those little plastic cups arranged around the spare aren't big enough to hold much more than paper clips. And you can't lock down the floor. It's obviously not for security purposes. I've been thinking about cutting out the styrofoam sorrounding the spare to make room for bigger things, but surely not a laptop or anything like that. Speedtrap63 must have been referring to Ford accessory 7T4Z-7845-440-AC for $125 suggested to me in response to my query about a cargo cover. Haven't checked it out yet. Cargo hiding and security is really my only quibble with the Edge, which I've had for about 3 months, and it doesn't look like it will be solved in the '08 models either.

Love the car otherwise!

What is the big deal with having to have the spare tire floor locked? I have those cargo organizers, and there OK to toss in vechile cleaning supplies. As for Cutting out the Styrofoam, just spend the $65 the factory wants and have the plastic bins installed, otherwise just remove what you can and use the painted floor sheet metal. IF I was to break into your vechile, the last place I would assume you stored anything of value would be around your spare tire, I'd go for your radio and what was in the glove box and center console. The center console was touted as being able to store a laptop in and it looks to me like it might.

As for a mat to protect the rear carpet, I purchased one from WeatherTech. Fits nice and has about a 1.5 inch lip all the way around it. I've had 2 vehicles with a cover that unfolds over that rear area and they become a pain in the butt soon enough, The cover ends up being stacked in the garage after about 2 years.

What is the big deal with having to have the spare tire floor locked? I have those cargo organizers, and there OK to toss in vechile cleaning supplies. As for Cutting out the Styrofoam, just spend the $65 the factory wants and have the plastic bins installed, otherwise just remove what you can and use the painted floor sheet metal. IF I was to break into your vechile, the last place I would assume you stored anything of value would be around your spare tire, I'd go for your radio and what was in the glove box and center console. The center console was touted as being able to store a laptop in and it looks to me like it might.

As for a mat to protect the rear carpet, I purchased one from WeatherTech. Fits nice and has about a 1.5 inch lip all the way around it. I've had 2 vehicles with a cover that unfolds over that rear area and they become a pain in the butt soon enough, The cover ends up being stacked in the garage after about 2 years.

I'd also assume that if that cover was closed, there must be something of value in there. A quick smash & grab. I feel that is more of an invitation for trouble. Better to leave vaulables at home.

If you must have the shade, I suggest leaving it open when that area is empty.

I'd also assume that if that cover was closed, there must be something of value in there. A quick smash & grab. I feel that is more of an invitation for trouble. Better to leave vaulables at home.

If you must have the shade, I suggest leaving it open when that area is empty.

I had my windows tinted (15%) all around and with the back windows already tinted, adding the new tint to it makes it as dark as limo tint - you can't see into the back.