Placed my order for my first Edge on Friday

poker44666

I just placed my order for my first Edge. I ordered a 2012 Edge LTD with 2.0 Ecoboost, Canadian Touring Package (Vista Roof, Nav). I ordered it Cinnamon Metallic with Black Interior.

I'm really excited to get it. I obviously have not been able to test drive the Ecoboost and looking forward to seeing if it will have enough power. I currently have a 2010 Fusion and have been impressed with the quality of the new Ford products but looking for something bigger. I also do about 50,000km per year and wanted something comfortable. I previously had a 2006 Taurus (company car) and it was not a very exciting drive but very comfy.

My salesperson told me it could take 8-12 weeks to arrive... I guess I’m looking to educate myself on my new car and pass the time while I’m waiting for it to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations,

I am also waiting for my Edge to be delivered, but I will get the 2011 Sport AWD. I would really like to know how good the 2.0 Eco Boost engine is. I can't believe that a 2l engine can provide so much power. I am still believe in size does matter. :-)

Congratulations on new Edge as well, hope it arrives soon. My dealer told me mine should be in around September 18th. I test drove a Sport here and it was great. Love the paddle shifters and the 22''s. Are there many Edges in Germany?

Fuel efficiency was a must for me since I use it for work so I had to go with the 2.0. I'm cautiously optimistic since I was not able to drive it so I've been reading every review I can find on the Ecoboost engine. Most reviews say the same thing; If you don't want an AWD and you don't need it to tow, it's pretty good. With 270 lb.-ft torque at 3,000 rpm they say it can pretty much keep up with the 3.5. Anyways for my purpose, I'm sure it will have enough power.

The ecoboost will drive nice because it has the torque if you are on boost. With little modification you can often get massive performance improvements from forced induction. Similar to the juicebox/vishnu devices for the BMW 335i. Can be removed easy when in for service etc. Wish the 3.5L ecoboost was available on the Sport.

I ordered my 2012 Sport a week after you. Let me know when you get a VIN from your dealer so we can track our order status for people interested in ordering.

The ecoboost will drive nice because it has the torque if you are on boost. With little modification you can often get massive performance improvements from forced induction. Similar to the juicebox/vishnu devices for the BMW 335i. Can be removed easy when in for service etc. Wish the 3.5L ecoboost was available on the Sport.

I ordered my 2012 Sport a week after you. Let me know when you get a VIN from your dealer so we can track our order status for people interested in ordering.

Looking into a similar vehicle. Would you mind discussing pricing via direct message if not allowed by the forum?

Looking into a similar vehicle. Would you mind discussing pricing via direct message if not allowed by the forum?

Not sure of the final price as they couldn't print x-plan invoice when ordering as it will come when the car comes. I was trying to get one that was ordered at a dealer far away so I had invoice for that with the same options. MSRP was ~$42,600 and after X-pin (around 2,600 discount) and the 1000 rebate for the 2012 Edge it came down to 38,900 plus tax/tag/title. I will know the final price in a few weeks when it gets here.

Not sure of the final price as they couldn't print x-plan invoice when ordering as it will come when the car comes. I was trying to get one that was ordered at a dealer far away so I had invoice for that with the same options. MSRP was ~$42,600 and after X-pin (around 2,600 discount) and the 1000 rebate for the 2012 Edge it came down to 38,900 plus tax/tag/title. I will know the final price in a few weeks when it gets here.

The dealer can print the DORA at any time which will show the X plan pricing. If they're telling you they can't give it to you now they're lying.

The dealer can print the DORA at any time which will show the X plan pricing. If they're telling you they can't give it to you now they're lying.

I was trying to get my car ordered and on my way since they are slow. He didn't seem to know how to print it and I didn't want to wait for him to find out. I'm sure he could have done it if he asked someone else. I already had an x-plan invoice from another 2012 that was going to another dealer with the same options. I just don't remember it off the top of my head.

Edited by NWS Alpine