Thank You South Carolina

Hello All.

Must be wondering where in the heck I disappeared to.. but spent the first week of July in Myrtle Beach.. just wanted to give a ....

Hello Y'ALL - and thank ya to y'all ma'ams for their politeness and hospitality. We had a great time.

No.. we didn't take the Edge - drove in my bro's explorer - 17 hours over 2 days...

Great Place to visit.... counted over a dozen Edge sitings thru our way down NY, PA., W. Va., Va., NC and SC. AND when we arrived at our hotel - a Copper Edge in the parking lot.

I was quite impressed. Ya'sure know how to celebrate the 4th - fireworks on the beach were INSANE.

So Im back.. spent this week getting my feet dry and back at work : (

I do miss my ocean waves....

Nice to see all the new members and positive Edge energy continue.

Edgy,

I was wondering where you'd run off to! Glad to hear you had a great SC vacation and made it back home safe and sound.

Our son just moved to Charleston last week, and said it's great there.

Yes...the positive Edge posts continue here. My wife and I are amazed that we get more comments on our new Edge than any car we've ever owned in the past. My wife said today that someone passed the gas station she was filling the Edge up at, and the driver turned around and came back to her car. The woman commented on how cool-looking our black Edge is...she's got an Explorer she's thinking about trading in.

Welcome back!

Mike

Thanks Guys!!!

I did miss my Edge.. my bro did allow me the use of his garage for the week.. so it was well sheltered. Damn.. I did miss driving it... Felt good to be back home and in my car.

As for work.. ahhhhhhh ya know.... its all there when you come back.

Drove alittle thru the SC state roads to get to MB - lots of towns with great fruits and veggies ... we couldn't bring it back since it is not allowed at the border crossing.. Looked good !!

Got to admit.. the cost of living is higher in the US than here.. amazed that at the grocery store, stuff is as expensive or more expensive than Ontario.

Gas is a little cheaper.. and your beer is SUPER CHEAP.... we can pay up to $40Cdn for a case of 24.

There.. $12 US... NUTS...

Thanks Guys!!!

I did miss my Edge.. my bro did allow me the use of his garage for the week.. so it was well sheltered. Damn.. I did miss driving it... Felt good to be back home and in my car.

As for work.. ahhhhhhh ya know.... its all there when you come back.

Drove alittle thru the SC state roads to get to MB - lots of towns with great fruits and veggies ... we couldn't bring it back since it is not allowed at the border crossing.. Looked good !!

Got to admit.. the cost of living is higher in the US than here.. amazed that at the grocery store, stuff is as expensive or more expensive than Ontario.

Gas is a little cheaper.. and your beer is SUPER CHEAP.... we can pay up to $40Cdn for a case of 24.

There.. $12 US... NUTS...

Yep that's us gas and cheap beer!!

Glad you enjoyed the states....heck of a long drive though. What made you pick South Carolina?

Hey Sue... yep.. it was a long drive... but cheaper than flying.

We were looking for a short vacation and a good beach. Got a name from friends who had been in Myrtle Beach and loved it. Never been before.. only to St. Pete's Beaches in Florida.

We loved it.. great outdoor set up.. right on the beachfront... I love the ocean...

So it all worked out... great time.. would return in a heartbeat

Hey Sue... yep.. it was a long drive... but cheaper than flying.

We were looking for a short vacation and a good beach. Got a name from friends who had been in Myrtle Beach and loved it. Never been before.. only to St. Pete's Beaches in Florida.

We loved it.. great outdoor set up.. right on the beachfront... I love the ocean...

So it all worked out... great time.. would return in a heartbeat

Glad you had a good time. I on the other hand have absolutely no plans for the summer. :cry: How depressing......

Well Sue... Delaware is a heck of lot closer to Myrtle than I am - the place we stayed was very affordable...I can always email you the details - even if its just a weekend getaway...

Take care

This is very true. We do have a boat, so our free time (when there is any) is spent there....even if it's just to run down to a local restaurant on the canal.

What I'm hoping for......My man, who is a Senior Master Technician for Ford, may qualify for a trip to Cancun if the dealership keeps their "Fix It Right The First Time" percentage above 77%. Currently, he is at 100%, so if he can hold it above 77% through the end of August we are Cancun bound! :happy feet: