Edge Sport HID's

VinceL

Hello all,

After doing a number of searches on this forum and the internet in general, I have not found an answer to the following question:

If someone were to purchase the HID headlight assemblies for an Edge Limited, could those be installed on a Edge Sport? Are there any wiring or fuse considerations?

The reason I ask is I have a friend who is very interested in the Sport, but greatly prefers the HID lights. He would (reluctantly) eat the cost of buying the headlight assemblies to get the bigger wheels, engine and look of the Sport. The HID's can be found for about $600 each side online for the whole assembly, but am not sure if it is okay to just buy the ballast and the new bulb/holder, or if the whole thing is necessary due to design differences.

He prefers factory/OEM parts and is not interested in cutting/hacking/drilling to install aftermarket solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

Edited by VinceL

• 4 weeks later...

Of course you can switch out the originals for HIDs. The lens is 100% the same, but the HID bulb clips in differently I was told. The service manager at my dealer confirmed this when I first took delivery of my Sport and talked to their parts dept about possible doing a swap. You also need to buy a ballast and HID bulb. I dont remember the total cost, but it was not worth it in my opinion when for $45 dollars I installed aftermarkets with no hacking, cutting, and they perform just as well as OEMs. But to each their own. If you have the cash, and it doesnt bother you spending that much...Yes, you can swap in HIDs.