A/C on when using heat?

2010 Edge climate control, When using the heat I can have it on 90 degress and the AC light is still on. I can hear the compressor cycling so I know it is really on. Ive tried turning the automatic off and defrost off but its still on? Am I missing something? I dont want to use any more gas than I have too, it uses enough as it is already.

2010 Edge climate control, When using the heat I can have it on 90 degress and the AC light is still on. I can hear the compressor cycling so I know it is really on. Ive tried turning the automatic off and defrost off but its still on? Am I missing something? I dont want to use any more gas than I have too, it uses enough as it is already.

Push the A/C Button--

Yes, it's on. It dehumidifies the air.