No Weather or Traffic - What's up?

I was hoping not to have to do this after 1 day of ownership - but, here I am. I'm used to a first gen sync, so I understand it takes some time before data is available, but after two hour stints, I'm figuring I have a problem.

2012 Limited with My Touch. Only weather and traffic sections have hour glasses next to them constantly. (ski report, sports, gas prices are ok). If I click on the selection, I get the waiting for data message, and then back to the selection screen with the hour glasses.

Any ideas or help very much welcome!

Mark

I was hoping not to have to do this after 1 day of ownership - but, here I am. I'm used to a first gen sync, so I understand it takes some time before data is available, but after two hour stints, I'm figuring I have a problem.

2012 Limited with My Touch. Only weather and traffic sections have hour glasses next to them constantly. (ski report, sports, gas prices are ok). If I click on the selection, I get the waiting for data message, and then back to the selection screen with the hour glasses.

Mark

That's not uncommon. I've had my car for a year and I get the hour glasses from time to time.

Mark

Yeha it's quite common for me too. You're best bet is to rither perform a hard reset (pull fuse 29) or perform the delayed reboot (the program that came with the SYNC voice command fix) I would advise you to do the delayed reboot first if you have any Sirius Alerts setup since pulling the fuse will erase those.

I had the issue on my brand new 2012 SPORT from the day I picked it up...hour glasses on weather & traffic

I tried getting a reset signal from SIRIUS w/ no avail

Found the video online that was previously posted & pulled the molex plug for 10 sec

System rebooted & works great now...noticeable difference in speed of the menus too!

Could be worse... You could be stuck in Canada - we get no additional support or options regarding weather, traffic, sports. I get a radio and a GPS. That is all.

Everything else has been locked out by FORD.

Ford has no problem taking our Canadian money, but piss all over us for Sync features. It blows when less than a mile away from me (Detroit), the same car is wide open!!