2012 Edge Limited AWD

Scorpio

Have a new 2012 Edge Limited AWD on order, should be arriving in a week or so. "Mineral Grey" with the following options (Canadian model):

301A: Driver's Entry Package, power lift-gate, vision package, BLIS, MFT

Canadian Touring Package: Panoramic roof, voice-activated navigation

HID's

Class II towing package

20" chrome wheels with 245/50-20 tires

Adaptive cruise control

Back-lit doorsills

All weather floor mats

Looking forward to it's arrival, going to take awhile to get up to speed on all this MFT technolgy though I'm thinking.

Sounds like a nice ride. We wanted some of those adders but the wife really wanted the bordeaux reserve which was discontinued so we ended up with what was left.

The MFT does take some getting used to. Even though it seems contrary to what many people here say....I would recommend you hold off on upgrading the MFT unless you have a problem. This is typically the way I handle computer updates since I find they often make other problems. Wish I headed that advice; since the recent update I did we had more faults/error messages in one week than we had in the previous 5 weeks. But even with the errors it is still a nice ride and has a lot of cool features to play with. I just wish the MFT were more reliable so I could show it off without the fear of it crashing.

• Like 1

Congrats on the Edge. I completely disagree with LetstryaFord. I have my edge in the shop for a little body work right now and I am telling you the waiting to get it back is killing me. I miss it. My rental just flat out sucks and I can't wait to get my ride back. I have only had mine two months and I am seriously spoiled rotten! I really like your option package and sure hope you enjoy it when it gets to you! Welcome to the group friend.

• Like 1

As long as I can set the temperature and play some MP3's I'll be happy LOL! Canadian winter is just around the corner up here, so a dedicated set of snow tires/wheels and it'll be good to go.

Shouldn't be a problem...we have a hard drive hooked up via USB that has over 60GB of music and it works great. We still have trouble getting voice commands to work to find the right artist or song but that could even be us??? But even if you have an issue with the MFT the temp has separate buttons so you should be OK. I hear you on the snows...heard the Michelin's aren't teh best so I am thinking more and more about picking up a set.

• Like 1

Scorpio, best of luck with your new Edge! One point of advice: use smaller flash drives. I have a 16GB that I use, and it takes a bit of time on start-up for the system to index the music. If you leave the USB radio on, turn off the car, then return and turn on the car, it will switch to another source, which can be annoying if it's a static-filled radio station.

I really love my 2011 Limited. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

Scorpio, best of luck with your new Edge! One point of advice: use smaller flash drives. I have a 16GB that I use, and it takes a bit of time on start-up for the system to index the music. If you leave the USB radio on, turn off the car, then return and turn on the car, it will switch to another source, which can be annoying if it's a static-filled radio station.

I really love my 2011 Limited. Best of luck to you.

Hmm...I think mine only indexed when I initially installed it. After that it is avaiable right from start up. Well within maybe 30 seconds but it isn't indexing then. I say that not only because it isn't indicating that it is indexing but because the initial indexing took over 15 minutes. Though I do believe mine acts the same in regards to start up, since the drive isn't available immediately it picks last used.

Hmm...I think mine only indexed when I initially installed it. After that it is avaiable right from start up. Well within maybe 30 seconds but it isn't indexing then. I say that not only because it isn't indicating that it is indexing but because the initial indexing took over 15 minutes. Though I do believe mine acts the same in regards to start up, since the drive isn't available immediately it picks last used.

The USB doesn't always display an "indexing" message on start up for me, but that's basically one of the two things it's doing from my perspective (initializing, then quick indexing/allocation table). I experience similar circumstances with my Aftermarket USB radio in my Xterra, so it doesn't bother me.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe mine indexs the USB drive each and every time I start the car.

I never remove the USB drive but it doesn't seem to have the memory for this that it has for the Phone that remains connected via Bluetooth.

Works well but I started out with a song filled 32GB USB drive and now use a much smaller 2GB song filled drive as I feel it is a better match with the speed of the MFT.

Has some glitches, but have only owned it for a week and I have a good handle on most of the features and how to work it, so don't fear.

Car rides and looks great too BTW.

Quick update, car arrived at the dealership today (shipping delay hung the car up a bit in transit), went in and finalized the paperwork, I only had a short window of opportunity from work to get that part done so didn't hang on for them to complete the full PDI process - picking it up tomorrow morning! :)

P.S. these things must be popular, dealer had 8 new 2012's arriving today and they were all presold!

Just got back from pickup and a couple hours just driving around wasting gas LOL. Very very nice is the overall first impression. I'm still at the "mesmerized" stage with MFT, but at least it hasn't presented any of the glitches I've read about here. Paired with my Samsung phone first try and downloaded all my contacts/info without a hitch, even recognizes and plays my MP3's I have on there as well. Navi works well and loads quickly on startup, and seems accurate as these things go too. But there is a LOT, and not a lot of it really intuitive IMO to using the full gamut of MFT - it's going to take awhile I guess to fully acclimatize to it I guess. As least I have the auto temp set and radio stations tuned in LOL.

A few pics, it was raining hard all day, so not the best of pics but here they are anyway...

post-19050-0-89774200-1319653239_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-51732900-1319653272_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-15775700-1319653290_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-58017600-1319653314_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-14270100-1319653339_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-51961800-1319653383_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-07344900-1319653402_thumb.jpg

post-19050-0-49722700-1319653440_thumb.jpg

Just got back from pickup and a couple hours just driving around wasting gas LOL. Very very nice is the overall first impression. I'm still at the "mesmerized" stage with MFT, but at least it hasn't presented any of the glitches I've read about here. Paired with my Samsung phone first try and downloaded all my contacts/info without a hitch, even recognizes and plays my MP3's I have on there as well. Navi works well and loads quickly on startup, and seems accurate as these things go too. But there is a LOT, and not a lot of it really intuitive IMO to using the full gamut of MFT - it's going to take awhile I guess to fully acclimatize to it I guess. As least I have the auto temp set and radio stations tuned in LOL.

A few pics, it was raining hard all day, so not the best of pics but here they are anyway...

Looks good, I like the colour. Enjoy it.

...I have a cinnamon colored edge...

Have never seen that one myself, but it certainly looks sharp in your gallery pics! There was another new shade - "Ginger Ale" that arrived alongside mine, another light colour that looks good too. We're taking ours on a bit of a road trip for a weekend getaway tomorrow, so will put some serious miles on it then. The MFT is coming into focus better too now LOL - a bit of a steep learning curve, but not too bad afterall once you get the hang of the basics. And if there's something you don't know how to do, just ask the car - it works! :worship:

Thanks, wanted a colour that's easy to keep clean, I'm done with black cars LOL!

I agree, my last two cars were silver.. easy to keep clean and swirl marks in the paint were invisible. I like my earth coloured 2011 but it's a pain to keep clean, and I can see minor swirls in parts of the paint.

M.