Inside tire Wear Problem

LAJAMA

Hi,

My 2007 Ford Edge AWD has the same tire wear pattern on all four tires on the inside. The tires are "chopped"......if you run your hand around the inside of the tire it feels like "stairs steps" around the inside top of the tires.

I had an alignment done and I was hoping that would take care of it, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the alignment specs for the 2007 Ford Edge has changed since this seem to be a uniform wear issue ..................I was wondering if anyone knew if they came out with any Engineering updates on the alignments?

Thanks.

Hi,

My 2007 Ford Edge AWD has the same tire wear pattern on all four tires on the inside. The tires are "chopped"......if you run your hand around the inside of the tire it feels like "stairs steps" around the inside top of the tires.

I had an alignment done and I was hoping that would take care of it, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the alignment specs for the 2007 Ford Edge has changed since this seem to be a uniform wear issue ..................I was wondering if anyone knew if they came out with any Engineering updates on the alignments?

Thanks.

Alignment will not cure the wear pattern. Once the wear pattern is established, alignment will stop it from getting worse, but not reverse it.

Alignment will not cure the wear pattern. Once the wear pattern is established, alignment will stop it from getting worse, but not reverse it.

I realize that it won't reverse the wear, but the correct alignment will allow the tires to wear as intended and eventually the wear problem on the tires will be corrected when the tire wears past the problem area on the tires.........................that is why I am looking to see if there was a change to the alignment specifications on the 2007 Ford Edge.

Thanks

I realize that it won't reverse the wear, but the correct alignment will allow the tires to wear as intended and eventually the wear problem on the tires will be corrected when the tire wears past the problem area on the tires.........................that is why I am looking to see if there was a change to the alignment specifications on the 2007 Ford Edge.

Thanks

The tire will never wear past the problem --- The only way to go back to normal wear is to shave the tires with a buffer and correct the wear pattern---

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife just had an oil change done and they told her that her 2007 Edge had the same inside tire wear problem.

I can understand that the front wheels might get out of whack every now and then but all four wheels? Is that even possible?

What should a decent 4 wheel alignment cost anyway?

Thanks,

Ed