New Edge has arrived!

Scott S

We picked up our Edge today.

After way to much deliberation we decided on the SEL Plus, Vista, Redfire with Black Charcoal Leather and trailer tow.

Odd though, it came with Michelins as oppoesed to the Continentals on the ones on the lots. Same Chrome rims though.

So far 1 KM and all is well.

Looking forward to putting some miles on it.

After way to much deliberation we decided on the SEL Plus, Vista, Redfire with Black Charcoal Leather and trailer tow.

Odd though, it came with Michelins as oppoesed to the Continentals on the ones on the lots. Same Chrome rims though.

The more recent production models now have Michelins on them. They must have gotten a lot of complaints on those awful looking Continentals.

Well 300km and we're really liking it.

Two trips to the city and around town so far.

I still can't get over how nice driving a vehicle it is.

The kids love their personal sunroof and the reclining seats.

Noticed a small scuff on the rear pass quarter that I'll get looked at but otherwise perfect.

So far average mileage is 12 l / 100 (approx 20mpg us) combined city / hwy since new. Very impressed and if it gets better after break in I'll be estatic.

Only problem is I can't come up with enough excuses to take it for rides.

:shift:

post-515-1184978809_thumb.jpg

post-515-1184978818_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the "Edge World"! :rockon:

I was bummed to get Continental tires on my new Edge last month, :banghead: ...so I've ordered a new set of Michelins from Sears. :shades:

Enjoy your new ride! :happy feet:

Edited by snoshuu

• 3 weeks later...

Well the edge has been around for a few weeks now and we are really enjoying it.

So far we've logged just over 1200 and all is well.

Found one thing though with the trailer hitch. I bought a ball mount, ball and lock kit for the back and found the holes for the safety chains are to close to the pin. The lock type won't work at all and a standard pin is pretty snug. The pin should of been further back so it was not directly in line with the safety chains. Not sure on my work around yet.

I ordered the front bug deflector with it but it is still on back order and they don't know when they will get it. They also got in flaps for the front but they were downright cheesy. Basically a flat flap, not contoured like the picture. I hope they come up with something else soon.

I grabbed some mats at Canadian tire that fit perfect. They are black and deep treaded. Rear is a single full width. Unfortunately they put them on sale for 40% off yesterday, I bought mine 2 weeks ago - doh!

Took it to pick up the kids from camp on Saturday and found the rear hatch just right for all their gear. It is a bit smaller than my old explorer back there but not as much as I would of thought. I actually have the rear carpet protector from the Ex in the Edge now till I get the proper one. It is just a bit longer but the same width.

I have to say that I'm very impressed with this vehicle. The ride and handling is excellent as is the braking. I found it takes a while to really adjust to the vehicle and it likes to be driven.