So Far So Good

Davom97

I am loving my new 2011 Ford Edge SEL with the 202A Equipment Pkg, Roof Rack, Black Tuxedo Exterior, Medium Light Stone Interior.

All the tech is nifty and working well so far, but I really like the way this thing drives. Very tight, very sporty compared to what I was driving.

Nice forum too. Already learned quite a bit. Thank you.

Peace,

DM

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm gonna jump back in after almost a month of ownership. I love the car overall, but here are my nitpicky negative observations in no particular order:

1. I haven't hit 20 mpg yet. I have never realized how often I punch the accelerator until now as I have a car that displays mpg. Trying to re-train myself.
  2. I am unimpressed with the Nav. There is nothing intuitive about the manual process of typing in destinations. One would think typing in the city first would make sense, but it's real easy to do that first, then when you select the street, it deletes the city you just typed in. I have a bit more success with using voice commands in the Nav, but not much. MyFord Touch is laggy at times, but the Nav portion seems the most laggy.
  3. Overall, I'm good with MyFord Touch, but I was glad to hear this week that they are redoing the entire system for free. If they fix the lagginess, I'll be fine.
  4. The outside seal at the bottom of the side window slopes down before it goes up to make contact with the glass. So by design there is a trough that naturally collects dirt (and probably water too). Who thought that was a good idea?
  5. The hatchback door goes very high. On my wife's Toyota Seinna, we can open the hatch inside the garage and last night I learned the hard way that I can't do that on the Edge. Thankfully, the only point of contact for my car and the solid concrete opening of my garage was the blue Ford oval. That is one well constructed ornamental piece.
  6. Doors are heavy. I like that for safety and sound, but not so much for my kids.
  7. I am upgrading my door speakers, but that's a "hol nuther" thread.
  8. Lack of a battery gauge seems like an odd omission from the dash.
  9. I use Sync regularly, but haven't really used Sync Services hardly at all.
  10. Not a huge fan of the external antenna. I am more ok with the GM "shark fin" type antenna.

These are all minor. There is much I love about the vehicle, so I'll have to do another post just about the positive stuff.

Peace,

DM