2010 22" rims leaking due to corrosion.

sladeyboy

Hi guys. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and what they done about it. Im in the uk and had this imported brand new from usa in March last year. My front two tyres have both been loosing the air pressure in them and i put it down to a very slow puncture. I would put air in them and after about a week the low tyre pressure comes up on the dash. I took it to two separate places to get the punctures repaired to be told that both tyres are leaking from the rims. They told me this was due to corrosion on the inside of the rim and i needed new rims. They have sealed them both for me with silicone but they said they couldn't promise that would sort the problem out.

Are the wheels still under warranty for something like this?.

Does the warranty carry over to the uk?

I only had these sealed 2 days ago so i have yet to see if what they have done has worked. I can't bring myself to purchase 2 new rims after only 15000 miles on them!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have a ford dealer network nearby? I would go and ask them if they will honor your vehicles warranty, I can't see why they wouldn't. Yes the rim corrosion is under warranty. My 2011 had the same problem and the dealership removed the tires, cleaned the rims, the tire bead, and remounted and balanced all four wheels. Problem stopped after that.