cargo management system

Hi - I see by the 2008 ordering guide there is a "cargo management system". I am hoping that this includes a cargo cover that was missing as an option on the 2007 model.

Can anyone comment if this is the case, or what exactly the cargo management system is?

I see some people are using the solution of a blanket thrown over the contents of their car.

To me, that just makes it more tempting for a break-in as it makes it obvious that you are hiding something valuable. The after market cargo cover clearly doesn't work either.

Just waiting on pricing and then I can order my 2008 Edge. Does anyone know when that will be available to the dealers?

I think cargo management is compartments and/or dividers for keeping the cargo in place. I don't think it includes the cover but the covers are available now as an accessory.

This is correct. It is located under the "floor" in the back and is in the space around your spare tire.

I have it on my Edge and have use it for an umbrella, ice scraper, emergency first aid kit, flashlight,

little tool kit and...um....I think that is it...lol.

I have posted before about the cargo cover. My back windows came tinted and I added 15% tint all around. That makes my back windows super dark (limo tint). I can't see into the back unless I press my face

against the back window and really strain to make out shapes.

I think a thief will look for an easier target.

This is correct. It is located under the "floor" in the back and is in the space around your spare tire.

I have it on my Edge and have use it for an umbrella, ice scraper, emergency first aid kit, flashlight,

little tool kit and...um....I think that is it...lol.

I have posted before about the cargo cover. My back windows came tinted and I added 15% tint all around. That makes my back windows super dark (limo tint). I can't see into the back unless I press my face

against the back window and really strain to make out shapes.

I think a thief will look for an easier target.

Thanks - as we have read, the accessory has not worked for people and the idea is to hide luggage, laptops etc. What about a net or something to prevent all your groceries falling on the ground when you push the auto liftgate button?

Thanks