Climate Memory

Let me apologize in advance as I am sure this question has been asked but I can't figure out how to word it for search. When I get out of the Edge (2011 limited awd) the fan automatically turns down. Is there a way so that when I start it stays on max fan and heat?? (I am from Canada and we have been getting alot of snow and cold, and its frustrating starting the car and going out and having to do it all manually. Also can the seats auto turn on the heat?? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me and/or takes the time to read this.

Cheers.

P.S Today is a day of remembrance, as this 1 day a year we all remember, but please strive to never forget. Thank you to all Military personal and their families, the 100 000+ canadian soldiers that have died, and to all our brothers in arms THANK YOU.

REMEMBER IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

I think if you get the remote start you can have it set to auto so it will automatically turn the heat on as well as seats if the temp drops below a preset value.

So what your saying is stop being a cheap Canuck and go buy a car starter.... I was hoping there was a way my mykey. Thanks for the reply :D

So what your saying is stop being a cheap Canuck and go buy a car starter.... I was hoping there was a way my mykey. Thanks for the reply :D

You don't have an auto start on it? I would think that would be mandatory in Canada - It practically is here in Alaska.

Yes, the auto-start is great with the auto setting as long as you aren't in the grey area's of temp - right about 32f it isn't quite cold enough to need to kick everything up to high, but not warm enough to not kick everything up to high. But the engine is warm and the heat is quick to follow.

Might want to give the Operator's Manual a run-through. Your Limited may not have remote start - does it have pushbutton start? If not it doesn't have the Driver's Entry Package and also lacks passive entry and the power liftgate. The other options you are looking for are available in the settings menu on the left DIC screen. When you buy at a Ford dealership the sales people are usually better equipped to introduce you to all the features, especially important on such a technologically complex vehicle like the Edge.

BTW, I noticed the Bayview Auto license plate frame in one of your gallery photos... I didn't know they had more than one location. You must have bought yours at the Barrie location. Thunder Bay to Trenton is quite a loooooong drive!

BTW, I noticed the Bayview Auto license plate frame in one of your gallery photos... I didn't know they had more than one location. You must have bought yours at the Barrie location. Thunder Bay to Trenton is quite a loooooong drive!

Yes we did buy it from the Barrie location I actually live 600km north of Thunder Bay, so our total trip was about 2300 km to buy this vehicle. We tried dealing with the local dealerships (3 within 500kms) and all of them wouldn't go anywhere near the price of what we got this little guy for. After we bought it we spent an hour at the dealership going over things (paid the hourly rate) and I was very frustrated with the lack of knowledge they had with the system don't forget where we live doesn't have the turn overs that the bigger dealerships have, and I believe they really only train one tech per area of a car. Anyways I agree it would have been easier had we bought it from the dealership however the price difference was in the 8000 range.

I will give the owners manual a look over, thanks for the responses guys.

Cheers