Reverse back up system not working!!

miamil85

Hi guys, my back up system stopped working, it displays "PA ---" and does not sound. I don't have the owner's manual to see if there is a fuse for the back up system or not. I've disconnected the battery and re-connect and still get no sound. If not a fuse, could a bad sensor cause the system to shut down? Any input will help. Thanks

Hi guys, my back up system stopped working, it displays "PA ---" and does not sound. I don't have the owner's manual to see if there is a fuse for the back up system or not. I've disconnected the battery and re-connect and still get no sound. If not a fuse, could a bad sensor cause the system to shut down? Any input will help. Thanks

Hi miamil85. :D You can download a PDF version of your Owners Manual here - LINK - Ford Owner Guides

Best course of action would be to bring the car in for service, letting the Service Department properly diagnose and repair the issue (are you still under Warranty?). And for various reasons, disconnecting the battery for most problems like this is not a wise move, since it can wipe out trouble codes and create other problems.

Let us know how you make out and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Are you sure it's not turned off in the MFT screen to the left of the steering wheel?

You mean the stick in the display that you press to switch from trip A - trip B - actual miles?

bbf2530: thanks for the link, tomorrow i'm going to go over it. My edge is already out of warranty so i'm giving this a shot on my own before i take it in to the dealer.