Battery drains after sitting

txnative

Have a 2007 Ford Edge SEL. Battery was replaced 16 months ago. Went on vacation, car sat in garage and was not started. Came home to a completely dead car. No juice running anywhere. Our battery charger would not charge it. Took it out and took it to Auto Zone and had them check it out. Battery was fine and they recharged it. Put it in, went through the checks and everything was fine. Then car sat for 2 days without being started, same thing. No juice. Alternator is fine.

Been on other forums and saw a multitude of possibilities. The one that makes the most sense is that there is an open electrical relay somewhere in the system that is draining the battery.

Anyone experience this? How did you test it? How was it fixed? About to take it to a Ford dealer and have them check it out, but would like as much up-front information as possible to keep them from overcharging us.

Have a 2007 Ford Edge SEL. Battery was replaced 16 months ago. Went on vacation, car sat in garage and was not started. Came home to a completely dead car. No juice running anywhere. Our battery charger would not charge it. Took it out and took it to Auto Zone and had them check it out. Battery was fine and they recharged it. Put it in, went through the checks and everything was fine. Then car sat for 2 days without being started, same thing. No juice. Alternator is fine.

Been on other forums and saw a multitude of possibilities. The one that makes the most sense is that there is an open electrical relay somewhere in the system that is draining the battery.

Anyone experience this? How did you test it? How was it fixed? About to take it to a Ford dealer and have them check it out, but would like as much up-front information as possible to keep them from overcharging us.

Easiest way is to verify the current draw with a voltmeter, then remove one fuse or relay at a time until the draw goes away. That will identify the circuit, then you can trace down the faulty part from there.

Must be something in the water, TXNative -- I've got an '08 Edge limited that is exhibiting the same problems, and I'm also in North Texas. You have any luck getting yours fixed/diagnosing the problem? I've gone through mine with a fine tooth comb, and can't seem to isolate the circuit that's causing the drain...

--Peveto