60,000 mile Service?

zenlakin

Hello all. I am pretty new to the forums and my wifes 2007 MKX just hit 60,000 miles and I was curious what some of you other fellow MKX members recommend for items that are actually needed to be serviced? As we all know, if I go to the dealership I am likely to get hit with a large number of items that need to be serviced which may or may not be the case and will likely walk out of there with a $1,000 quote to get everything done.

Hello all. I am pretty new to the forums and my wifes 2007 MKX just hit 60,000 miles and I was curious what some of you other fellow MKX members recommend for items that are actually needed to be serviced? As we all know, if I go to the dealership I am likely to get hit with a large number of items that need to be serviced which may or may not be the case and will likely walk out of there with a $1,000 quote to get everything done.

The owner's manual tells you what needs to be replaced - you're not at the mercy of the dealership. Go by what the manual says and you're golden.

Our 08 MKX will hit 60K this yr.

All the fluids and filters that are on the schedule.

Do you have the schedule?

New brake fluid, rotors and pads. Maybe stainless brake lines.

This is a 60K inspection but we need new front rotors (I abused them in Colorado last year). SO new/better brakes :D !

We’re at a little over 50K, now so I’m going to do the transmission a little early.

I’ll have the bearings packed and the front end inspected.

We’re getting a small clunk at full left lock, so something is going on.

Might be caused by an unauthorized :censored: 4 wheel alignment when we had some relatively minor body work done.

Left rear wheel was scratched pretty good.