how to prevent corrosion

I am pretty set on buying a new edge. What i am worried about is dropping 35k on my first new car ever and having corrosion issues after a few years because of the salt and de-icer they put on the roads here.

Ive seen all the reports about not going to a car wash, so what is the best way to keep the undercarriage clean from the salt and other crap thrown on the road?

thanks

Pretty sure Michigan uses as much salt as any state during the winter months. I sprayed the undercarriage of my 2011 with about 10 cans of 3M professional undercoating and hit the inside of the doors, tailgate and hood with a few cans of 3M rustproofing. I used this same method on a new 2003 F150 and it still looked perfect top to bottom when sold with 90,000 miles on it. I did touch up the undercoating once per year to cover rock chips. Another option is to just have it done but the so called "Professional" jobs I've had done in the past looked like a 2 year old did them. Undercoating can do more harm then good if not applied properly. As far as cleaning goes, I think just using a coin-up carwash wand to spray down the undercarriage when weather permits is the best you can do.

Pretty sure Michigan uses as much salt as any state during the winter months. I sprayed the undercarriage of my 2011 with about 10 cans of 3M professional undercoating and hit the inside of the doors, tailgate and hood with a few cans of 3M rustproofing. I used this same method on a new 2003 F150 and it still looked perfect top to bottom when sold with 90,000 miles on it. I did touch up the undercoating once per year to cover rock chips. Another option is to just have it done but the so called "Professional" jobs I've had done in the past looked like a 2 year old did them. Undercoating can do more harm then good if not applied properly. As far as cleaning goes, I think just using a coin-up carwash wand to spray down the undercarriage when weather permits is the best you can do.

thanks for the info..looks like 3m is in my future as well as a new edge