retro-solutions hid's 2012 Edge Sport

exodus

I am looking to purchase this kit for my 2012 Edge Sport. https://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?55W_DIGITAL_HID_KIT-pid664.html I wanted to know if anyone has the same kit installed? If anyone had any problems with them? Was the install easy? Any modifications to the bulbs? Also is the bulb capping necessary?? Any help greatly appreciated. I was planning on the 8000K bulbs.

I am looking to purchase this kit for my 2012 Edge Sport. https://retro-soluti...KIT-pid664.html I wanted to know if anyone has the same kit installed? If anyone had any problems with them? Was the install easy? Any modifications to the bulbs? Also is the bulb capping necessary?? Any help greatly appreciated. I was planning on the 8000K bulbs.

I've got the Retro-Solutions kit installed on my 2011 Sport and it was fairly easy to install with the biggest issue to overcome being where to install the ballasts. What I found is that with just a little bit of Dremel tool work, they fit into the recesses molded into the headlight assemblies where the OEM ballasts would normally be mounted. Just follow the instructions and you should be OK.

Do not get 8000K bulbs unless you want less light than the stock halogens.

If you want OEM performance get 4100-4300K. It will be brightest with a nice warm color and most lumens. If you want a pure white then get 5000K but you start losing lumens. The purple/blue color comes from the light bending around the shield and going through the optics. Thats why people color mod the shields to increase the color band (color flickr). It would be a waste of money to go 8K.

I've had mine for 6 months now - I've had to replace a ballast twice since. The nice thing is when ever I had an issue, Retro was quick to respond. As long as you first go through all the troubleshooting steps they provide, they will send a replacement pretty quickly.

I'm using the 6000K kit and I'm happy with it. 8000K has a nice blue if that's what you're looking for, but to Alpine's point - it does provide less light.

The installation was easy - Retro emailed me a separate wiring diagram for installation. There was no bulb modification or capping necessary, however you do need to drill a hole (about the size of a quarter) in the headlight access cover on the back of the headlamp. I've read some people just left the cover off and ended up with moisture issues.

Overall I'm happy with the kit and satisfied with the customer support.

Good luck!