Ford Extended Warranty plan sale

NWS Alpine

I know it's been mentioned on here before that it's much cheaper to purchase the ESP online. I was quoted $1600 at the dealer for the 7yr/100k. Troy Ford (one of the online guys) is having a year end sale right now. The same plan from them is normally is $1250 but there is an instant $200 credit so the 7yr/100K premium ESP with $100 deductable is just over $1000. Heck of a deal for anyone on the fence about the ESP. The zero deductable is an extra $495 which isn't worth it for me since you would have to visit Ford 5 times in those 4 years for major issues to recover that back. I'd rather pay the $100 to save my ass if something big goes wrong. Plans differ depending on FWD or AWD and current mileage (1-12K /12k-36K / out of warranty).

http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com/

Thanks for the heads up but at least for my configuration they still came out to be more than Flood Ford by about $150. But I guess I should start watching to see if they do some holiday sales.

It sucks for me because I can't buy the Ford ESP online as it's against the law in Florida. So I have to pay full price.

EDIT: called around and it's still possible to do in FL but some places still say they cant.

Edited by NWS Alpine

Check out Warrantydirect.com. It was on sale for 2279 last week, but it is bumper to bumper, no deductible for 8yr 120k miles. That includes all the electronics, gps, and bluetooth. You pick the repair shop, sign the invoice and leave.... no money leaves your hand. I have used them for several cars and never had a problem with a claim. They have other plans with other coverage and cost.

NO DEALER WEASLE CLAUSES!!!

I would never buy a 3rd party warranty ever. Seems to be a lot of other people who disagree that warranty direct (aka about 2 other companies) is a good company http://warranty-direct.pissedconsumer.com/

The Ford premium ESP is basically the same as the factory warranty. There are only the basic wear and tear items that aren't covered anyways normally.

Edited by NWS Alpine

I would never buy a 3rd party warranty ever. Seems to be a lot of other people who disagree that warranty direct (aka about 4 other companies) is a good company http://warranty-direct.pissedconsumer.com/

The Ford premium ESP is basically the same as the factory warranty. There are only the basic wear and tear items that aren't covered anyways normally.

I tend to agree especially in this economy. Even big companies are having trouble so I would rather put my money somewhere that is less likely to disappear.

Has anyone from Canada ever bought an ESP from one of these online dealers? They claim the warranty is honoured at any dealer in the US or Canada.

Not sure about Canada but contact Troy by filling out a request here http://fd-warranty.com/. These online dealers are really just regular Ford franchise dealers that chose to sell the warranty plans online for extra revenue. They sell them at $100-$200 over cost so they make profit on the volume of sales. When you get the same warranty in person at your local dealer they slap a $500-$600 profit on top of the warranty cost as most don't know about buying it online.