REPLACE YOUR SPARK PLUGS EARLY

ConcreteJunglePerformance

This is what I posted in another thread about spark plugs and the absolute idiotic thinking that any spark plug will last 90k miles!

Your have been warned!

Jared

If there were better ones than the OEM plugs don't you think Ford would have used them? Just use the OEM replacements. I wouldn't worry about them until at least 75K. Technically you can wait until 100K but you don't want them to seize up.

Might want to rethink the 75k miles replacement time line!

The manufacturer is not always right to say the least, lets look at lots of manufacturers and their supposed 90k spark plugs (BS), or lifetime transmission fluid because the transmission is " SEALED, " um no, that does not work either. Don't trust me, well wait till you have to replace and AUDI, BMW, Jaguar, or other manufacturer transmission with LIFETIME fluid, or have a blown engine due to spark plug failure WAY before the 90k suggested replacement.

Just replacing my spark plugs now at 40,850 MILES and glad I am to be doing so as they are at .57 for gap (out of the allowable .52-.56 rage) and the tips are very worn, and the electrode CRISPY from running hot! I highly recommend every Edge owner to replace your plugs ASAP if you are anywhere near even supposed HALF life for these platinum plugs.

After all things wear out, just like you or I will someday if we don't take care of ourselves, so why not take care of our cars like we should be taking care of ourselves too.

- BTW I am sticking with Motorcraft plugs, just because it is a good design for a plug and is truly a fine wire platinum. Normally I am a NGK, or Champion Double Platinum FANboy, used to be a BOSCH fan boy for all my EUROs back in the day, but they suck supremely now in EVERYTHING.

On other forums I belong to this question has been asked many times.

Dear Mr. Engineer, marketing exec, exec of XYZ co. what is your companies definition of “life time transmission fluid?”

Response from Mr. Engineer, marketing exec, exec of XYZ co. usually goes something like this.

Um uh lets see life of the trans.. uh no, life of the veh.. uh uhOH no.

OH HERE it is :baby: .

LIFE TIME OF THE WARRANTY.

Edited by ablb
  • Like 1