MFT system screen

DelDad

I have a new 2012 Edge (SEL model) that I bought almost two weeks ago. Started the car yesterday and the MyFordTouch (MFT) screen on center console did not come on. I turned the car off and then restarted it but MFT screen was still not active. Finally after driving for about 10 minutes the screen came back on. Everything seems to be fine now except for the name of my Iphone that was listed at top left has changed from jim-Iphone to IOS device. Phone system and bluetooth on MFT system appears to be working.

I was hestitant to get the MFT system because of concerns like this. Up until yesterday my only problem with the system was that the directions from SYNC services did not work. I am taking it in for Ford dealer to look at tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jim

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jim

Often. What is strange is ours will behave itself for a few days then just let loose and constantly reboot, change audio sources, screen be dead, screen stay on after car is off and doors locked...really random things. But relief should be on its way, they are currently beta testing a new rewrite that we should all see in the first quarter of '12.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our Limited with MFT is unpredictable at best. We have had this problem and others such as blind spot monitoring (BSM) going away without notice, or the back up camera not coming on until it feels like it, phone taking forever to work, etc. Latest was it wouldn't come out of park which was not a MFT issue. Traced it to fuse 59 which was for brake lights. For some reason it blew and the car will not come out of park if the brake lights don't work. When you get used to using the BSM and it quits with no message, life can be interesting.

Basically, I'm to the point I don't trust the car. I carry a spare GPS in the car for times when the Nav doesn't want to work.

All of this is a real shame because the basic car is a good one.

Our Limited with MFT is unpredictable at best. We have had this problem and others such as blind spot monitoring (BSM) going away without notice, or the back up camera not coming on until it feels like it, phone taking forever to work, etc. Latest was it wouldn't come out of park which was not a MFT issue. Traced it to fuse 59 which was for brake lights. For some reason it blew and the car will not come out of park if the brake lights don't work. When you get used to using the BSM and it quits with no message, life can be interesting.

Basically, I'm to the point I don't trust the car. I carry a spare GPS in the car for times when the Nav doesn't want to work.

All of this is a real shame because the basic car is a good one.

You should never rely on the BSM. It is there in case you miss something not so you don't have to turn your head...... This is why technology like this scares me......