Rear seat headrests

We love our 2012 Edge and have had no issues in the short time we have had it. My touch is cool and mileage is OK.

I need any input on removel of rear head rests. Anyone know the trick to pulling them all the way out. It is just the 2 of us and it will really improve rear visibility .

Thanks

<{{{><

Bruce

We love our 2012 Edge and have had no issues in the short time we have had it. My touch is cool and mileage is OK.

I need any input on removel of rear head rests. Anyone know the trick to pulling them all the way out. It is just the 2 of us and it will really improve rear visibility .

Thanks

<{{{><

Bruce

This discussion should tell you what you need to know: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/5997-2011-rear-headrests/page__st__20

I personally found that just dropping the center arm rest gave me a sufficient improvement in visibility without pulling out the two side head restraints. I've made mine easy to remove but am keeping them in place for the rare chance that someone may end up siting in the back. There is a safety and liability concern that I have in mind in case I'm in an accident with a rare human passenger sitting back there. I like to drop the rear passenger side for carrying my sheepdogs (I have three) and temporarily pulling out that head restraint leaves more usable space in the rear foot area.

Yeah do not completely remove them because you could seriously injure someone if you have a rear impact. It may only be that one time you drive some friends to lunch etc. Talk about a major negligence law suit on your hands. Anyways there really is no benefit to removing the side headrests because the side mirrors overlap well into the visible area that might be slightly blocked by the headrests. Just like mentioned pull down the center part and you are all set.

Ever still if you decide to take them out at least keep them in the car.

Edited by NWS Alpine