So I have had retro source 55w hid kit In my car for about 7 months and out of know where the headlights stopped turning on. Anyone have similar problem? Not sure if it's the hid kit itself or my car

If you added a wire harness check the relay and fuse. I mounted the relay upside down on my last car thinking it was waterproof. Well I was wrong and it filled with water and rusted inside. Needless to say a relay is magnetic and when it gets too rusty it doesn't make contact. If it is the reply just take yours into just about any autoparts store.

If you added a wire harness check the relay and fuse. I mounted the relay upside down on my last car thinking it was waterproof. Well I was wrong and it filled with water and rusted inside. Needless to say a relay is magnetic and when it gets too rusty it doesn't make contact. If it is the reply just take yours into just about any autoparts store.

Thanks I'll check that out tomorrow I hope that's all it is.

If both lights are out then it's most likely the relay or fuse as mentioned. Having a wiring harness with a single relau is not a good idea with headlights. You never want to have a single point of failure so you can still get home. You can either carry an extra relay and fuse in the glovebox or add another relay to the harness for each ballast. Lightwerkz makes some really nice dual relay harnesses that I highly recomend. Also would suggest getting an extra relay/fuse anyways. Water can damage them but the relays they use are much more water resistent than the kit ones. Still not waterproof though. http://shop.lightwerkz.net/LightWerkz-Single-Xenon-Wiring-Harness

• 2 months later...