X Plan Money Factor....27 momth lease on 2012

RJG

Hi! New to this forum and already learning a lot.

Will be picking up our 2012 Edge Limited this week. We are X plan. Usually I just pay for vehicle when I pick it up, but this time have other (hopefully) better uses for $30,000 than putting in vehicle, so think I will try the 27 month lease they are advertising with $7800 down (value of our trade in).

Question.....Will X plan automatically see I get the lowest money factor on lease, or is that negotiable? Also....I would prefer a 36 month lease, but salesman says Ford is favoring the 27 month with better depreciation rates. Is that so? How does that matter if you buy the vehicle at lease end? He did say the lease payments for 36 are greater than for 27....after same trade in. One would think it would be the oposite. I don't particularly care what the payments are, figuring the more I pay along, the less I will pay when I buy the vehicle at lease end. But.... maybe I'm thinking wrong. However, salesman also says money factor is lower on 27 than 36, by a lot, making 27 month lease more favorable.

If anyone can explain this, would be greately appreciated. Thanks.

Will be picking up our 2012 Edge Limited this week. We are X plan. Usually I just pay for vehicle when I pick it up, but this time have other (hopefully) better uses for $30,000 than putting in vehicle, so think I will try the 27 month lease they are advertising with $7800 down (value of our trade in).

Question.....Will X plan automatically see I get the lowest money factor on lease, or is that negotiable? Also....I would prefer a 36 month lease, but salesman says Ford is favoring the 27 month with better depreciation rates. Is that so? How does that matter if you buy the vehicle at lease end? He did say the lease payments for 36 are greater than for 27....after same trade in. One would think it would be the oposite. I don't particularly care what the payments are, figuring the more I pay along, the less I will pay when I buy the vehicle at lease end. But.... maybe I'm thinking wrong. However, salesman also says money factor is lower on 27 than 36, by a lot, making 27 month lease more favorable.

It just means they're subsidizing the 27 month lease more than the 36 month lease. Doubtful you would do any better than X plan but the dealer could run it both ways. The only negotiable part of a Red Carpet Lease is the acquisition cost of the vehicle itself which is already fixed with X plan. You could always compare prices using the same vehicle and same terms including the down payment but I'd be surprised if you got a lower rate than X plan especially if they're already subsidizing it.

X-plan has nothing to do with rates....X-plan gives you special price on the vehicle and changes some of the rebates. Nothing to do with money factors or residual value

X-plan has nothing to do with rates....X-plan gives you special price on the vehicle and changes some of the rebates. Nothing to do with money factors or residual value

Well....Picking up the Edge Thursday afternoon. Limited with Nav and all season mats. X plan. Would prefer a 36 month lease, but salesman says Ford is supporting the 27 month better with lower money factor. I guess that is so from what some on here say.